6010 root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6010 root

Hay fellas got a question for yall, any of got any tips for runnin a 6010 root? I'm trying to pass the UA 60 test in atl and its kickin my azz i practice 5 & 6g mostly on 4" since thats whats giving me the most problems. I've beening trying to perfect the "C motion" using a C pattern on about 50 amps with a 1/16 land and a 3/32 gap any tips? very very appreciated

up or down? what size rod?
    sigpic2007 dodge 3500 cummins

Comment

uphill progression (no pipeline) 1/8 rod

Comment

If using a 3/32 I make a 3/32 gap and landing. If I use 1/8 I'll make a 3/32 to 1/8 landing and a 1/8 gap all with a 37.5 degree bevel or 75 degree included angle.
        But eveybody is different.

Comment

Keyhole getting out of control?

Put some more land on it, you can blow threw a heavy land, but you can't do anything with a gap and a light land.... except undercut the ID.
          '08 F-350
          Vantage 400
          SA-250
          SA-200
          Invertec V350Pro
          Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
          Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
          Track torch

Comment

If uphill progression on 4" sch.40 in the 6G with 1/8" I use 3/32" land, 3/32" gap and 80-90 amps set on the machine. Use a "whipping" or stepping motion, no "c"s. Start at the 7 o-clock position and weld to the 12 o-clock. Grind tie-ins and then start at the 5 o-clock, weld up and tie in about 12:30
            Big Blue 400D
            Trailblazer 302
            Miller S-32 suitcase
            12VS suitcase
            Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
            Victor torches
            Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
            Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
            Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

Comment

use a clear lens for your gap,tack top and bottom. Feather your tacks down,when you start keep your rod at the same angle as the pipe and push your rod in thr bevel, it will work out fine. Let me know if it worked and if you have any more question,ive ran alot of beads on the pipeline for years

Comment

Working...
              X