Help with new Trailblazer 302 Kohler gas-carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new Trailblazer 302 Kohler gas-carb

Hello, I just got my new Trailblazer 302 in and had a few questions about it.
    They set it on my trailer with the fiberglass skid it comes with-any suggestions on lifting it to put it back down on the skid I built--rent a lift ect...

I have not put gas in it yet--is it a good idea to mix the gas with a fuel stabalizer through the winter months even though it will be used?

I have a trickle charger I can hook to the battery-any issues with doing this?

And lastly, what gauge of wire is best to use for the ground wire that I need to attach to my trailer frame?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

liability scares away many forklift owners

There are quite a few small shops that have a forklift. Many wouldn't even want to lift up the trailblazer for 1 minute while you pull out the factory skid. If you bought the machine from a LWS maybe ask them to pick it up for a minute or two. If they won't, then rent an engine puller from U Haul. They are on wheels and tow behind a car.

Comment

Gas Tank

Becareful, as the gas tank in the Trailblazer is plastic, you should be able to see the gas through a window in the side of the frame.
      I have seen people weld them to their truck/trailer. Personally I don't like that, but does make it harder to steal.
      Good Luck,
      Bob
      Edit: Why did I write this, has nothing to do with the OP.
      Trickle charger OK.
      Gas Stabilizer if your not going to use it for long periods of time.
      Gauge of wire, I'd say 8 or 10, it's for protection with that 50 amp breaker. Maybe 6 gauge.
      I read it here somewhere. 5-3 in the owners manual. 10ga. or bigger
      Bob
      Last edited by Bob Miller; 01-19-2011, 08:56 PM. Reason: see above
      Millermatic 252 w/30A
      Big Blue Air Pak
      Ellis 3000 Band Saw
      Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
      8-RC
      Dynasty 200 DX
      XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
      Millermatic 211
      Passport Plus
      Spectrum 625 X-TREME
      Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
      2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
      SA-200 Black Face '59
      SA-200 Green Lite '84
      SA-200 Green Lite '80
      SA-200 Red Face '69
      SA-200 Red Face '66
      SA-200 Green Lite '81
      '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Comment

hook up a come alond somewhere!

Comment

kdavis,
          Every good engine shop you talk to will tell you how bad ethanol fuel is on small engines. I know I'm in the minority here, but I put Marine stabil in the fuel that I use on my chainsaw, tractor, Atv's, E-Tec boat engine, weedeaters, snowblower, Trailblazer welder, etc. Marine stabil does the best job of combating moisture in the fuel issues that occur with ethanol blended fuel. I own way too much equipment with small engines to be working on them all of the time, so I do probably more than I need to. I've attached an article that may shed more light on your Stabil question.
          Ethanol, the good, the bad and the ugly.pdf
          Have a great day!

John Leisner
          Product Manager
          Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
          Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
          Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
          Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Comment

By the way, no, we don't hear of problems with welder/generators when Stabil is not used. I just make it a habbit in all my small engines because I own old engines, two cycle engines, etc.
            Have a great day!

John Leisner
            Product Manager
            Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
            Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
            Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
            Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Comment

I use Shell premium gas ( 93 octane I think ) in my welder," No Ethanol " in the gas at all ! Just the premium as far as I know .

....... Norm
              www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for all the help--I cant wait to get it started up and going--just got my 12RC feeder in today. I am anxious to get it going. I have not even had time to fuel it up yet, waiting for my days off. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X