X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwswan
    • Jan 2011

Acklands welders built by Miller?

I just found an Acklands model N-300 DC/CP/MA welder for sale. I have been told that Miller built these welders for Acklands Grainger and that they are identical to miller models. Does anyone know if this is true? If so is there a way to cross reference this machine to a Miller branded machine and thereby obtain a service/owners manual? Thanks very much for any replies.
    Cliff
  • con_fuse9
    • Feb 2009

If you have a picture maybe someone would recognize it.

Careful if you are planning on buying it. Some of Millers old '300' series were 100% duty cycle 300Amp machines and often 3 phase.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

• cruizer
      • Oct 2004

Its an MP30E, 3 phase cv only powersourse for a feeder. kinda old but die hard machines, really nice arc.

Comment

• snoeproe
        • Sep 2009

Miller built many machines for Acklands-Grainger over the years. Many of them came in orange color.
        Lincoln Idealarc 250
        Miller Bobcat 250
        Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
        Torchmate CNC table

Comment

• Sandro
          • Jan 2011

Hey, we can help!

Cliff, my name is Sandro Verrelli, VP Sales & Marketing with Acklands-Grainger. It's true, Miller did produce welding machines for us for many years... in a stunning "Acklands Orange" finish! As most of our machines were virtually identical to the 'Miller blue' models, it's likely that we'll be able to track down the service manual for you. We have some of our folks looking into this now and should have an answer for you shortly. We'll post our response in this forum or feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] so that we can get you what you need directly.
          Have a safe day!
          Sandro

Comment

• Sandro
            • Jan 2011

Service Manual Available!

Cliff, we've located the service manual for the machine you found. If you send me your mailing address, we'll get a copy out to you right away. You can reach me at Acklands-Grainger through email at [email protected] or at 905-709-5534.
            Thanks and have a safe day!
            Sandro

Comment

• WI_Dave
              • Jan 2011

^^^ Good deal. Important cantact info for anybody who ends up with one of these machines.

Comment

• snoeproe
                • Sep 2009

We have several industrial Acklands-Grainger welding power sources at work.
                One of my faves is the XAT 304 (Miller XMT 304) in orange color.
                Lincoln Idealarc 250
                Miller Bobcat 250
                Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
                Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                Torchmate CNC table

Comment

• gredwood
                  • Apr 2013

need a manual for a N250 AC/DC/HF ACKLANDS WELDER s/n-cs117189 stock # 4611-784

I`am interested in setting up a TIG or MIG on this welder. Any info would be helpful
                  Originally posted by Sandro View Post
                  Cliff, we've located the service manual for the machine you found. If you send me your mailing address, we'll get a copy out to you right away. You can reach me at Acklands-Grainger through email at [email protected] or at 905-709-5534.
                  Sandro

Comment

• gredwood
                    • Apr 2013

need a manual for a N250 AC/DC/HF ACKLANDS WELDER s/n-cs117189 stock # 4611-784

I`am interested in setting up a TIG or MIG on this welder. Any info would be helpful

Comment

• weldonwelding
                      • Sep 2012

[QUOTE=Sandro:256617]Cliff, we've located the service manual for the machine you found. If you send me your mailing address, we'll get a copy out to you right away. You can reach me at Acklands-Grainger through email at [email protected] or at 905-709-5534.
                      Sandro

A+ on customer service here! . Right to the point, just like that. The way things should be

Comment

• toolgypsy
                        • Jun 2008

Re acklands grainger welders by miller

[QUOTE=weldonwelding;306277]
                        Originally posted by Sandro:256617
                        Sandro

A+ on customer service here! . Right to the point, just like that. The way things should be
                        Just for future reference ,i have an acklands Midget mig welder,if i go to the miller manuals on line and type in my serial # it directs you to the service manual for the miller 70 amp cricket mig welder,which is an exact match except for color so try the serial # if you suspect your machine is a miller

Comment

Working...
                        X