Help,Needs help Figuring out her new Trailblazer 302

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help,Needs help Figuring out her new Trailblazer 302

Ok, I just bought the new Trailblazer 302 and can't figure out the tig process on it.
    does anyone have any advice on this machine for this process? I have my bottle connected to my torch line, I have my work cable connected to the stick terminal,my ground cable connected to negative cable and my process switch set on tig, lift arc with auto stop.. Nothing is working for tig..maybe it's been to long since I've done this. I dont know. It does the stick process great no problems at all. Anyway, any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Re

Well the first problem is tig is DCEN which means your torch should be on the negative other than that i don't know but im sure someone else with some more knowledge will.

Comment

Thanks for the input and if this problem is due to my having cables switched around then I'm really gonna feel ignorant...Will go back out to garage later tonight and change them around and see what happens and let ya know..Thank you again.

Comment

Your ground cable should be connected to the negative or work lug. Your power block/tig torch should be connected to the cc positive lug. Front panel switch set to electrode negative & tig lift arc. Touch tungsten to work piece & lift slightly, the arc should start.
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

Originally posted by trouble View Post
          Well the first problem is tig is DCEN which means your torch should be on the negative other than that i don't know but im sure someone else with some more knowledge will.
          You don't reverse the leads on this machine. You just select dc negative on the selector switch.
          MM250
          Trailblazer 250g
          22a feeder
          Lincoln ac/dc 225
          Victor O/A
          MM200 black face
          Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
          Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
          Arco roto-phase model M
          Vectrax 7x12 band saw
          Miller spectrum 875
          30a spoolgun w/wc-24
          Syncrowave 250
          RCCS-14

Comment

TB 302 Lift Arc TIG

Originally posted by CynthiaR View Post
            Thanks for the input and if this problem is due to my having cables switched around then I'm really gonna feel ignorant...Will go back out to garage later tonight and change them around and see what happens and let ya know..Thank you again.
            As MMW stated, you don't need to swicth the cables on this machine. Just turn the polarity switch to DCEN (DC-)

I hope you have a "valved" torch, otherwise, you'll loose all your Argon. (even if you're standing next to the bottle, you'll loose an excessive amount)

The top half of the process selctor switch is used when there is no remote. As you mentioned, it should be on "Lift-Arc TIG" What size tungsten? Material thickness? Cup size? Flow rate (CFH)?

Simply select your amps, turn your TIG valve on for about 3-5 seconds for pre-flow, touch the Tungsten to the work, and lift up a bit and the arc will start When completing the weld, lift the torch until the arc goes out, lower it a bit (Auto-Crater Feature) and keep the gas flowing 1 second for every 10 amps (100 amps, 10 seconds) for post flow. This is important, as it cools the weld and the tungsten.

Remember, with lift-arc, the amps you set are the amps you get.

Let us know how it goes, and are you using a 1 or 2 piece torch? A 2-piece (with valve) is the easiest to hook up without any adapters.
            Last edited by davedarragh; 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM.
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

MMW and dave is absolutely correct! ur selector will be in the six o;clock position if the print is worn.

Comment

Originally posted by CynthiaR View Post
                don't feel to bad i do it all the time with my migs i mainly burn fluxcored wired but i do weld some aluminum and always forget to swap the +/- around .

Comment

Working...
                X