Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

insurance for small business??? help with info please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance for small business??? help with info please...

ok guys whats the best and cheapest way to get full coverage liability ins. to be able to bid on jobs? called ins. cos. for quotes, i told them i was mobile, first thing they ask was what kind of tanks i was carrying and it sounds like its gonna be expensive, they called it an inland marine policy. it's only myself and i only want minimum cov. to start w...any sugg. pretty sure the min. cov. is 1,000,000.00. im just gonna tell em ill have the bottles delivered ... now that might work! thanks fellas...

I had business and prod liability thru the "one thats on your side" then one day they sent me a letter and a refund that i was dropped. I called back and the woman said it was because i weld. Well duh how else you gonna hold the parts together...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
      I had business and prod liability thru the "one thats on your side" then one day they sent me a letter and a refund that i was dropped. I called back and the woman said it was because i weld. Well duh how else you gonna hold the parts together...Bob
      I wonder if you have options with that. I know people have disputed changes in car insurance with the state's insurance board. One person had a string of bad luck in a year - 3 hit and run or uninsured motorist accidents - none were his fault. He had to pay the deductible ever time. Insurance raised his rates. Told him he could find another insurance company if he didn't like it. He complained to the state board and they found in his favor forcing the car insurance company to normal levels. He told me they've raised his rate year over year ever since but at a significantly slower rate.

As long as you didn't lie on the application, I can't see how they can drop you later on. Oversight on their part should not be a problem on your part.
      Con Fuse!
      Miller Dynasty 350
      Millermatic 350P
      -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
      Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
      Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

Originally posted by badger76 View Post
        ok guys whats the best and cheapest way to get full coverage liability ins. to be able to bid on jobs? called ins. cos. for quotes, i told them i was mobile, first thing they ask was what kind of tanks i was carrying and it sounds like its gonna be expensive, they called it an inland marine policy. it's only myself and i only want minimum cov. to start w...any sugg. pretty sure the min. cov. is 1,000,000.00. im just gonna tell em ill have the bottles delivered ... now that might work! thanks fellas...
        Yep, Same thing here , they said I was carrying Explosives ( Oxy,- Acet. )
        Not much you can do !
        I would think Lying to them is not the answer !

........... Norm
        www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

First, find an independent agent and let them do the work. Most big companies don't want anything to do with small welding operations, mobile or otherwise. My agent found a small company called Auto-Owners Insurance that also does business insurance. They are very highly rated and saved me about 50% from what I had been paying. Or you can go to them direct at auto-owers.com.

Comment

surely not the answer but you can have the bottles delivered.. antone no the annualy rate on the million dollar coverage?

Comment

thank alot il try that out!

Comment

Keep looking. I never once felt the need to lie to an insurance company, thus I've never worried about whether I've been covered or not. Yes, this does mean I pay thru the nose sometimes, generally start looking around six months before policy expires.
                Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

yes, but here in NC. and pretty much any big job u bid for . having that is a requirement . therefore you have to worry about having it now....

Comment

Originally posted by badger76 View Post
                    yes, but here in NC. and pretty much any big job u bid for . having that is a requirement . therefore you have to worry about having it now....
                    JSFab is saying that since he doesn't lie to his Insurance Co. he doesn't have to worry about possibly not being covered for an Incident- he's covered.

He is not saying he doesn't worry about working with out Insurance- he has it.

2nd thing he is talking about is that he is not afraid to tell his Insurance company to take a Hike and take his money to a new Insurance carrier- he looks 6 months in advance of his policy expiring for a better deal-if there is one.
                    Ed Conley
                    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                    MM252
                    MM211
                    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                    TA185
                    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                    O/A set
                    SO 2020 Bender
                    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

ok. right on man.... thats sooome.. JAM up hand right there. thats good biz and thanks for all the info.

Comment

Hahha nice

Comment

Keep shopping, like posted above use an independent agent. If questioned on the bottles tell them they are leased(they are insured by the leaser as well) and will be transported as per DOT requirements..
                          Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Comment

I do believe that the inland marine policy is only to cover your tools and equipment. Not a liability policy, I carry both because any business tools stored in my garage are not covered by my home owners insurance.

-Dan
                            Owner
                            DW Metalworks LLC
                            Miller Trailblazer 302
                            Miller 8RC Feeder
                            Miller Passport Plus
                            Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
                            Hobart Handler 135
                            Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
                            Smith O/A Torch Set
                            Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

engnerdan has

it correct. Inland marine policies are for equipment. General Liability is for backing
                              your truck over the client`s equipment or setting something on fire. You will need
                              professional liability also. This covers the actual work or failure of your work that
                              may cause injury or death. I noticed that I have not received the professional
                              but have inland marine and General Liability. Not a big deal right now, but I will have to address this issue when the time comes. I use an independent broker
                              also. They know all the tricks and save you time.

old but new

Comment

Working...
                              X