Sheet Metal Adhesive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean

After you scuff the back surface be sure it is also clean and no oil residue from the manufacturing. Any oil or dust will make for a poor glue job on anything.

Comment

This is what I used to install mine, worked great, I'd use it again.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_100575-69-13...ion%2Badhesive
      Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
      My own shop since 1981
      Cya Frank

Comment

The wall is 11'-9" long and the backsplash height will be around 16". It is an old historic building, so you can imagine how straight this painted wall is (not very). Sounds like some others might have come across this before?

Comment

Originally posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
          Break the back splash piece 180, Screw an offset supporting piece to the wall and push the back splash down over it, caulk to seal..
          This sounds like a great Idea

as for the old house thing, I grew up in a very old house and have worked in many, you just have to get it as close as you can, because that's how they were built, and explain before you that start it might not end up perfect because of what your starting with, if they've been there long they'll understand.

good luck

-spencer
          Last edited by spencerwescottweldingllc; 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I have used liquid nails with a aluminum diamond plate and it worked good. As said before you are just gluing to th surface of the wall, but for decoration it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by spencerwescottweldingllc View Post
              This sounds like a great Idea

as for the old house thing, I grew up in a very old house and have worked in many, you just have to get it as close as you can, because that's how they were built, and explain before you that start it might not end up perfect because of what your starting with, if they've been there long they'll understand.

good luck

-spencer
              This method will keep the back splash straight and wrinkle free. The caulking will hide the "imperfections" in the wall. When it comes to old houses, I have heard carpenters say why bother with a level and square as it won't fit or look right ..
              Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Comment

Working...
              X