No announcement yet.

shielding gas tank

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shielding gas tank

    A friend gave me a tank of shielding gas. The tank has stargon in it which I have no use for. I would like to trade if for an argon/helium mix. I have taken the tank to two local shielding gas suppliers - both said the tank was not purchased from them so they could not fill or exchange it. The tank is stamped "Union Carbide". Any ideas how to handle this? Thanks for any help.
    Syncrowave 350LX
    Dynaflux water cooler
    Weldcraft WP-18 torch

  • #2

    Stargon is a Praxair product, check with them.
    Good Luck,
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus
    Spectrum 625 X-TREME
    Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
    2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
    SA-200 Black Face '59
    SA-200 Green Lite '84
    SA-200 Green Lite '80
    SA-200 Red Face '69
    SA-200 Red Face '66
    SA-200 Green Lite '81
    '70 Black Face Round Barrel


    • #3
      That's a rented bottle not a customer owned one so yeah you need to take it back to the supplier to get an exchange.
      Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
      Millermatic 252 on the wish list
      Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
      South bend lathe 10LX40
      K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
      Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
      A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
      Auto shades are for rookies


      • #4
        Praxair !

        Yep, It's a Praxair Tank !
        Tri- Mix I believe.

        .......... Norm


        • #5
          Thanks very much for your help, gentlemen.
          Syncrowave 350LX
          Dynaflux water cooler
          Weldcraft WP-18 torch