cast truck axle control arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cast truck axle control arm

I have 3099 nickel rod. am questioning if this rod is strong enough to do the job.
    the cast pc goes over about a 3 3/4 sq tube and is about 3/4 in thick and 3 in wide with a cap that goes over the end.

Is it broke? Even if it isn't why not just buy a new one?
    hh 187.:
    powcon 300 st
    cheap chinese plasma cutter
    miller diversion :

Comment

Cast iron or cast steel? What machine are you going to weld the ni rod with? Hopefully not a 110V stick welder...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
        Cast iron or cast steel? What machine are you going to weld the ni rod with? Hopefully not a 110V stick welder...Bob
        Why do you say that? I have a cast meat grinder I have to fix and plan on using my Maxstar 150 STH. Not a good idea?

Comment

Are you sure it's cast and not forged? "Control arm" make me think it may be forged and probably heat treated and probably not good to be welding on. The control arm on my ford truck actually has "do not weld, heat or bend" stamped on it. Got pictures?

Dynasty200DX w/coolmate1
          MM210
          MM Vintage
          Lincoln AC225
          Victor O/A, Smith AW1A
          Cutmaster 81
          IR 2475N7.5FP
          Evolution Rage3
          Jancy USA101
          9" South Bend
          AEAD-200LE

Comment

Originally posted by atc250r View Post
            Why do you say that? I have a cast meat grinder I have to fix and plan on using my Maxstar 150 STH. Not a good idea?
            Your grinder prob isn't 3/4" thick and has to hold up the front of a truck driving down a road hopefully i won't be on. Thats what i was getting at. Your welder prob will be fine...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
            X