cruizer's old post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruizer's old post.

I know cruizer is on a sabbatical. Maybe someone can help me I'm trying to find an old post by cruizer, why I didn't save it I have know idea. I tried to search his posts, but with over 3,800 I may not live long enough to find the one I'm after.

Seems as I remember cruizer saying something about when you get a new machine you should plug it in, turn it on and let it set for something like 4-hours, to let the capacitors level out or something. Anybody remember this?
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...03-Tech-secret
    The Ultimate Newbie.

Comment

Yep, I remember reading that also. I cant recall exactly why it should be done but i did think it was good to remember if i ever fell into something new that wasnt engine driven.
      owner of EVOLUTION WELDING

Comment

That's the one SpcR! Thank you so much!
        Caution!

Comment

new machine "run-in"

You must " run-in " or break-in your new machine by connecting to a load bank for a period of time, or welding. To break in my Pro 300 I just burnt a box of 3/16 when I was supposed to be working. My USER MANUAL was helpful with the exact specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Azphiks View Post
            You must " run-in " or break-in your new machine by connecting to a load bank for a period of time, or welding. To break in my Pro 300 I just burnt a box of 3/16 when I was supposed to be working. My USER MANUAL was helpful with the exact specifications.
            Sonora was referring to a shop machine not an engine drive.
            at home:
            2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
            2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
            2008 Suitcase 12RC
            Spoolmatic 30A
            WC-24
            2009 Dynasty 200DX
            2000 XMT 304
            2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
            Sold:MM130XP
            Sold:MM 251
            Sold:CST 280

at work:
            Invision 350MP
            Dynasty 350
            Millermatic 350P
            Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

"Run Ins"

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
              That's the one SpcR! Thank you so much!
              Sonora: Did you get a new floor machine? Hope it is BLUE

David
              "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Where you been? You've been missed!

Nope not blue. Another impulse buy, so I'd rather not say anything more just incase it was a huge mistake, (not huge, didn't cost much). If it was a mistake, I'd never own up to it anyway!
                Caution!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                  Nope not blue. Another impulse buy, so I'd rather not say anything more just incase it was a huge mistake, (not huge, didn't cost much). If it was a mistake, I'd never own up to it anyway!
                  Is that soy sauce I smell?

Comment

Yes it is.
                    Caution!

Comment

Originally posted by helios View Post
                      is that soy sauce i smell?
                      Originally posted by sonora iron View Post
                      yes it is.
                      rotflmao!!!!!
                      Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

You think your Lincolns are 100% made in USA?
                        We all know Millers and Hobarts aren't.
                        Caution!

Comment

heck, our president isn't even made 100% in the USA .......
                          Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

I probably have as much if not more American iron than anyone here. Lincolns, 1948, 1954, 1955, 1964, 1966, 1970, 1974.

This new machine has one option I'm interested in, the next brand cost 6 x more.
                            Caution!

Comment

No editorial comments intended Sonora, I was only laughing because of the way those two posts went together.

Comment

Working...
                              X