Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settings for Miller Regency 200 welding 6061 T6511 1/4 sq. tube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Well, if you decide to let it go, I’d be a buyer for it!

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I have a 30a, so that’s probably the case for me. You couldn’t plug the 30a into the regency, it has the four pin plug....I think.
    That makes sense.

I ran out of time and didn't get to test the Spoolmatic 3 today, but did test both of my 22A wire feeders on it and the combo is very nice! I had already figured out what the voltage should be on each tap and used a ballpark guess wire speed on the 22A and was pretty close from the start. I will say it sure seems like it's got more power than the rating would indicate and I didn't crank it all the way up. I also backed it way down and was able to lay down a very pretty small bead. It's not like I really need another MIG welder, but I think this is going to stick around a while as a backup or for those times when I have the push/pull on the 350P and don't want to take it off.

Next up aluminum....I'm going to try writing down settings (if they work).

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I have a 30a, so that’s probably the case for me. You couldn’t plug the 30a into the regency, it has the four pin plug....I think.

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Considering the Regency 200 is very similar to a Millermatic 200 I think the settings there should be a good starting point. The manual has settings for both MIG on steel as well as aluminum with the Spoolmatic 3 gun:

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...O1303L_MIL.pdf

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Did you get the controller for the spoolgun? Should be a wc-24.
    No controller for the Spoolmatic 3...it's plug and play with this version of the Regency. I'm not sure if that changed, but I know it did with the MM200...some were plug and play with the Spoolmatic 1 and some with the 3 as I recall.

Hopefully I can come up with some spool gun settings with it!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Did you get the controller for the spoolgun? Should be a wc-24.

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Got the Regency home...this is after just wiping it down. I'm super happy how nice it is. The Spoolmatic is in really good shape as well....came with four rolls of 4043. I swapped plugs and powered it up....nice big clunk when I hit the trigger on the Spoolmatic, so I'm pretty optimistic. I'll have to come up with a power lead to go to the 22A feeders, but that shouldn't be too hard. Good times!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_41764.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	614464

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1287.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	614465

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Good score man!

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    They’re hard to find on the used market because people don’t want to let them go. I had to do some minor repairs on mine last summer and they’re super simple inside too, which is a huge plus in my book. I run a 30a spool gun with a wc-24, but that 22a is plug and play. I hope you get it man!
    Well, I managed to get it at what I thought was a fair price for a clean machine with a really clean spool gun. I'm hoping to be able to pick it up tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    They’re hard to find on the used market because people don’t want to let them go. I had to do some minor repairs on mine last summer and they’re super simple inside too, which is a huge plus in my book. I run a 30a spool gun with a wc-24, but that 22a is plug and play. I hope you get it man!

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    I run a 22a on my regency. How much are they asking for it?
    Thanks...that helps.

The Regency is at a local auction that's literally just up the street from me. I looked at in person and it's very clean so I'm going to bid on it and see what happens. The manual is still with it and shows a 1989 date. The Spoolmatic 3 is very clean as well. They were clearly just using it for the occasional aluminum repair, not production.

With a 22A that would make for a nice setup....actually a smaller machine than I was expecting and I've heard a lot of good comments about the arc quality.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I run a 22a on my regency. How much are they asking for it?

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    I have a regency 200, so if you were to post an actual question, I bet you can get some assistance here. I’d love to help.
    Only somewhat of a tangent...

There's a Regency 200 with a Spoolmatic 3 locally I'm trying to get a look at in person....have seen one picture and it looks clean, original manual is on top, etc. It's not something I really need, but I wound up with two Miller 22A wire feeds recently that I have no way to test and thought I could pair one of them up with the Regency and make a nice package. The 22A should be compatible with a Regency right?

I think the OP and the recent update are probably asking about voltage/wire feed settings. For some reason I've noticed that isn't always clear when talking spool gun use.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I have a regency 200, so if you were to post an actual question, I bet you can get some assistance here. I’d love to help.

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Originally posted by MindAsh View Post
    Id love to know myself i have the same setup
    Are you asking about settings, or connections/setup?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X