Spoolmatic 1 hook-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolmatic 1 hook-ups

i have a millermatic 251,250,& 200..i just got a spoolmatic 1 and the wc-1..i know it'll work with the miller200, but what do i need to make it work with the 251 or 250?

Down load the diagrams for the 250 and 251.
    You will need matching plugs If they have the sockets all ready installed.
    Look up the pin call outs and carefully wire it up.
    The 250 looks like it has a standard 14 pin miller plug.
    The 251 has a spool gun plug that only works with a 30a or30 w type spool gun.
    You might be able to drive the trigger from the WC-1 and get it to work.
    Be careful and double check every thing or you will fry the control pcb.
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma

Comment

Well you could wire in your spoolmatic 1 direct to the 10 pin on the 251, or run into the 14 pin with your WC-1 into the 14 pin on your 250

Comment

The 250 and 251 don't have the necessary components to complete the motor brake circuit or the 24vdc required for the SM-1 so you'd need to use the WC-1 that does for both.

Same goes for the MM200 IF it has the 14-pin remote receptacle. If it has the earlier 4-pin, the SM-1 is a direct connect and the WC-1 isn't needed.

What connectors are on the WC-1 control cable? Several configurations were used. Got a unit SN?
        Last edited by duaneb55; 09-24-2010, 07:08 PM.
        MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
        Syncrowave 180 SD
        Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
        *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
        *HF-251D-1
        *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
        PakMaster 100XL
        Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
        http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

spoolmatic 1 hook up

i have the wc-1..the spoolmatic 1 is a 4 pin hookup, the miller 200 is a 14 pin, i was told (by miller) that i can get a huble plug to go from the back of the wc-1 and adapts to a 14 pin plug to connect the two.

im actually more intereted in using my 250x instead...it has a 10 pin configuration, and was told ( by miller also) that that conversion doesnt exist ( hubble plug from back of wc-1 to 10 pin plug).

what is the "direct hookup" your talking about cruizer? i think i have to find a 10 pin somewhere to adapt to my wc-1.

thanks
          MAC

Comment

As stated earlier, the only way to run the SM-1 on the 250X and 251 is with the WC-1 and no SM-1 direct connect there for the reasons I pointed out and it still isn't a simple matter.

Here's why. A "conversion" from Miller doesn't exist but the WC-1 just needs 115vac to operate and close a contactor signal circuit for the welder which would be accomplished thru the 250X Amphenol 10-pin thru terminals D and G. WC-1 1T jumper 3-4 will have to be removed and an additional wire run from terminal #4 to an unused terminal of the 14-pin. This new wire with 14-pin terminal J would connect to pins D and G of the 250X if there's an extra wire in the WC-1 14-pin harness. 115vac for the WC-1 will have to come from a shop outlet.

Same goes for the 251.

The 200 is the easiest as everything can be done thru the 14-pin Amphenols at both ends and the WC-1 doesn't have to be modified.

Got SNs for all these units?

Just curious but why didn't you just get a Spoolmatic 30A that is a direct connect for both the 250X and 251?
            Last edited by duaneb55; 09-25-2010, 09:58 PM.
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            *HF-251D-1
            *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
            PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Thanks for all the info..
              I'm leaning towards the 30a in order to direct connect and make life easier..the reason I got the sm-1 is b/c a Guy I know shop was shutting down, and I was able to get the gun and wc-1..real cheap.

Comment

Yes, the 30A makes so much more sense and the WC-1 / SM-1 dows makes an acceptable option for an engine drive with CV capabilities such as the Bobcat.
                Syncrowave 180 SD
                *HF-251D-1
                *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                PakMaster 100XL

Comment

spoolmatic 100 and 252 miller

I'm in the same boat,I have a spoolmatic 100 gun collecting dust and a 252 miller mig. duaneb55 does the same apply to this as with the 251 . 10 pin plug on the 252.
                  thanks for any help J5 Bombardier

Comment

The SM-100 (and 185) is designed for use with the MM140/180/185/211 as well as a few others, and doesn't have a wire feed speed control and would need same to control motor drive voltage supply from the welder.

I'm not exactly certain but the SGA-100 may be the only way to use the SM-100 on your 252.
                    Syncrowave 180 SD
                    *HF-251D-1
                    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                    PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Working...
                    X