No announcement yet.

Orange County Choppers??? ESAB!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to watch OCC. I wouldn't own one of their bikes but I like to watch them butcher stuff up. Sr. could use some anger management classes. It's sorta' like a reality show, as in "doesn't really represent reality".

Comment

Don
      I guess that I have never seen their "High End" stuff.... all of their stuff from the last few years that I have seen and used was pretty mediocre.... and not state of the art... a lot like "Century" or "Solar"..... I sure was not impressed with what I saw.... the old L-Tec and Linde stuff was good equipment... but it looks like those days are long past.....
      Like I said... I have no argument with Esab... I just cannot feature how they could be an "upgrade" from Miller as SR. had stated....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

My shop was totally blue, but now is mostly yellow. MIG-wise, the Multimaster 260 is still blowing away the competition in class. It is definitely an upgrade...a large upgrade. I have only found one unit that does better and it is red. I don't have enough time on the Blue MM350 to compare yet. The MM260 and 300 are great wire units and extremely decent TIG and SMAW units. IMO, my Heliarc 252 would run with any Synchrowave any day. Arc-wise, esp on stick, I would probably pick the yellow machine as being a tad better. That may be because I have more time on the HH252 and am more used to it. The two units are pretty evenly matched to me. Its no Dynasty, but an excellent transformer unit. With inverters, I'd have to go Blue once again...and probably will one day.
        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
        '06 12RC feeder
        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
        Esab Multimaster 260
        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Don
          think we are probably on the same page.... I have not seen anything in the tig area that compare with my Dynasty 200DX and Dynasty350 Tigrunner... and for mig the MM350P w/25ft alumapro is amazing.........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I have to agree... I enjoyed both shows when I was in high school a few years ago. But now its not even about building bikes and the love of the trade, Its just two grown men trying to make more money I can only imagine how much TLC is paying them to have this "fight". I still watch the show but I'm getting tired of the drama get on with the bike building cause that's what the shows about, PLEASE!
            Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Comment

I'm not really a fan of reality shows at all. I did watch OCC and Monster Garage long enough to figure out what they were about, but that was it. Biker build off shows more real life tools and people who know how to use them, but even it has to have the kindergarden drama thrown in. I do have to hand it to Mike Rowe. He may not be a Journeyman level tradesman, but he does understand the need for the trades in this country. He has done a lot off of the camera to help both current and future blue collar tradesman to not feel like second class citizens in a white collar world. If you have not seen it already, check out his website for tradesmen and tradeswomen. www.mikeroweworks.com
              Sometimes there's no second chances.

Comment

Esab

ESAB makes excellent TIG wire and almost the best SS SMAW rods I've used. Got my vote for sure. Makes some awesome shop power sources too (Hard as **** to figure out though with all there symbols over the dials though)

Nobody can touch Lincolns LN 25 and FCAW dual shield.
                Lincoln has also dominated the welder generator market forever.

Hypertherm invented the plazma cutter. None better I've seen.

Miller has Inverter technology nailed. Have to say the XMT is bulletproof. Small generator market is going Blue for sure. Miller is still playing catchup with the above three in a lot of areas.

I think the competition is great. Gives us great selection, keeps quality up, and prices competitive.

Keep it up Miller, nice stuff, and great support/service.
                Bobcat 225
                The rest is bright RED "Tig & GMAW"
                Just got a new Hypertherm 30

Comment

Contract is up.

Miller Paid X(100,000 or 200,000 I can't remember what they said) amount of dollars to have that bike built. They sold more welders that year then ever in the history of the company.
                  Now to have a bike built on that show cost one million(the cost of the build goes up as the ratings go up).
                  I don't have cable or satellite TV but have seen the shows.
                  I call those bikes, pretty boy bikes, as they are to be seen on and not ridden.
                  Obviously the contract is up or esab paid more for the welder contract on the show.
                  It a matter of dollars, not which welder is better.
                  Bob
                  Millermatic 252 w/30A
                  Big Blue Air Pak
                  Ellis 3000 Band Saw
                  Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
                  8-RC
                  Dynasty 200 DX
                  XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
                  Millermatic 211
                  Passport Plus
                  Spectrum 625 X-TREME
                  Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
                  2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
                  SA-200 Black Face '59
                  SA-200 Green Lite '84
                  SA-200 Green Lite '80
                  SA-200 Red Face '69
                  SA-200 Red Face '66
                  SA-200 Green Lite '81
                  '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Comment

Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
                    Esab no name to low end stuff? Umm....I don't think so. Methinks someone needs to actually USE some of their high end machines before commenting. They are light years above no name or low end.
                    Yes sir. I like my 211 and TB 302EFI but I wouldn't take any miller or lincoln over my Migmaster 275

Comment

Originally posted by Hank33 View Post
                      Yes sir. I like my 211 and TB 302EFI but I wouldn't take any miller or lincoln over my Migmaster 275
                      I have used a Esab 275 and owned many other Esabs, but I would still keep my Lincoln over a Esab 275. Don would agree too. That said, I have never used a better short-arc machine, then a Esab inverter. Lots of good stuff from all the major welding equipment makers, so get what fits your needs best.. It's too bad Esab killed the Migmaster 275, hope the new 280 is as good. I have my doubt's, but time will tell?

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                        Don
                        I guess that I have never seen their "High End" stuff.... all of their stuff from the last few years that I have seen and used was pretty mediocre.... and not state of the art... a lot like "Century" or "Solar"..... I sure was not impressed with what I saw.... the old L-Tec and Linde stuff was good equipment... but it looks like those days are long past.....
                        Like I said... I have no argument with Esab... I just cannot feature how they could be an "upgrade" from Miller as SR. had stated....
                        I can assure you that you haven't used Esab's stuff much because they are on the same level if not better than Miller/Lincoln. Esab also makes some of the best consumables on the market so OCC didn't downgrade at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fjk View Post
                          More likely the manufacturers pay a "promotional fee" for the privilege of
                          having their stuff in the shop, kept nice and clean so viewers can see the
                          names, with the big banner in the background...

I also notice that when they actually weld something, usually all you see
                          is the guy doing the welding, a black gun, and some bright light... The sign
                          in the background might say ESAB who knows what the gun in the hand says.

Me cynical? Never!

Frank
                          You see this because the clowns on camera don't do the finish welding they just half-assed tack stuff

Comment

I thought Solid-Ox provided their equipment......I could be wrong
                            Nick
                            Miller 252 Mig
                            Miller Cricket XL
                            Millermatic 150 Mig
                            Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                            2-O/A outfits
                            Jet Lathe and Mill
                            Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                            DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                            Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                            20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                            Propane Forge