Orange County Choppers??? ESAB!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County Choppers??? ESAB!!!!

watched that show.... they upgraded???? to esab??? what a bottomfeeder that guy is....

Guess I will just keep mine American made and Blue... and Don't mind having the latest technology either... if I had wanted to move "Back to the Future" into the 1980's ..... probably would have kept my old stuff... Antiques are what we work on not with....
    Last edited by H80N; 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM. Reason: clarity

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Well! Jr went on to endorse Lincoln...

Comment

Yes, I saw some of the show last night and saw the change onto ESAB. I would think that all of the Miller welders ect were on a loan basis and in turn the ESAB stuff is probably the same type of deal. Am I wrong with that thought ?

Comment

ESAB is moving the last welder production overseas from their US factories.

The stuff they inherited when they bought Union Carbide/Linde/L-tec was often excellent and remained made in the US until they reorganized the Florence plant. Transformer machines can produce outstanding welds even if they aren't fashionable. (Which is why Red and Blue still make them too.)

ESAB were never serious about selling in the US, the absorption of good US brands without trying seriously to sell them hasn't worked, and their advertising department seems to be near useless. They ensured poor coverage by having very few online vendors. No loss if they fold.

As for stupid dramatic "bike shows", the show bikes they build are useless for serious riding. They did a huge amount of good selling Harley-clone aftermarket and speed parts which is great for long-term support of Harley motorcycles, but otherwise they are a joke.

Comment

"Clown Show".........

I have no argument with esab... they are ok... for a marketing company.. from what I have seen they are about equivelent to the low end Lincoln line of "Century" welders... not state of the art or cutting edge by any means.....
          my upset was that SR. arrogantly called the change an upgrade.... he sure did not have any problem hiding a bunch of that Miller equipment in the barn at his house.. if it was a loan I wonder if Miller ever got it back...????
          As far as the value of those shows in displaying workmanship... I agree they have very little or even negative value in promoting work standards or ethic.... come to think of it ol "Jesse James" hookered up to promote esab on his "monster garbage" show.... and we know how that turned out....
          Actually it is probably a good idea for Miller to distance themselves from that type of "Clown Show".........

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

Funny story

I remember a time when Jesse james got started and was using Lincoln Equipment. He ended up having problems and called ESAB. They showed up and he pushed all the Lincoln Equipment into his front yard and called the rep. Told him he'd better show up with a truck because his equipment was getting ready to go fast. LMAO, heard this story from an ESAB rep.

Comment

Nicolas
              sounds like that story was just that.... "a story"........ while I most prefer Miller equipment.. and have voted with my wallet... Lincoln would come in second.. they build some decent stuff as well.... esab would come in somewhere in the lo range of no name stuff in my book.... (I have used some over the last couple of years and was less than impressed).....
              "Jesse James" is a legend in his own mind and has no concept of truth or integrity.... so if he could make a buck... then that would appear to be his "truth"........ his record speaks for itself....

Will keep both of my Dynasty's , MM350P, Trailblazer... etc.... no contest!!!!!

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

When Jesse James and OCC first started they were not bad. Jesse is talented but Monster Garage was totally stupid as he limped around the shop WHEN he was even there and OCC lost me when the show was about BBQ's at mom's house.
                Nick
                Miller 252 Mig
                Miller Cricket XL
                Millermatic 150 Mig
                Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                2-O/A outfits
                Jet Lathe and Mill
                Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                Propane Forge
                60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                  When Jesse James and OCC first started they were not bad. Jesse is talented but Monster Garage was totally stupid as he limped around the shop WHEN he was even there and OCC lost me when the show was about BBQ's at mom's house.
                  I agree, however for me Monster Garage was about what they built and how they did it, I didn't care if Jesse made an appearance or not.
                  at home:
                  2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                  2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                  2008 Suitcase 12RC
                  Spoolmatic 30A
                  WC-24
                  2009 Dynasty 200DX
                  2000 XMT 304
                  2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                  Sold:MM130XP
                  Sold:MM 251
                  Sold:CST 280

at work:
                  Invision 350MP
                  Dynasty 350
                  Millermatic 350P
                  Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Those shows have millions of viewers worldwide.

The cost of equipment provided by the manufacturers is a molecule in the drop of water in the bucket on what the advertisers are paying for Air Time to sell their products during the Commercials.
                    Ed Conley
                    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                    MM252
                    MM211
                    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                    TA185
                    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                    O/A set
                    SO 2020 Bender
                    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                      Those shows have millions of viewers worldwide.

The cost of equipment provided by the manufacturers is a molecule in the drop of water in the bucket on what the advertisers are paying for Air Time to sell their products during the Commercials.
                      More likely the manufacturers pay a "promotional fee" for the privilege of
                      having their stuff in the shop, kept nice and clean so viewers can see the
                      names, with the big banner in the background...

I also notice that when they actually weld something, usually all you see
                      is the guy doing the welding, a black gun, and some bright light... The sign
                      in the background might say ESAB who knows what the gun in the hand says.

Me cynical? Never!

Frank

Comment

Can't really bring myself to set the VCR (or rather DVR) to record that show. If I come across it while channel surfing, I will stop to watch.

All the bikes I see on that show just sort remind me of Pee-Wee Herman's. Take a basic chopper (they buy the frame out of a catalog) tack on trinkets to make the bike look like something, then charge 10s of thousands of dollars for it. Now they do have a budget for some expensive toys (err.... tools) and it sometimes interesting to see what they come up with, but adding spider webs to a gas tank and I'm supposed to be impressed? Next thing you know, Spinal Tap will be doing "Stone Henge" (sorry for the obscure reference, but its from the movie "This is Spinal Tap").
                        Con Fuse!
                        Miller Dynasty 350
                        Millermatic 350P
                        -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
                        Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
                        Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

I already commented about this on a similar thread on WW.

It's a total joke.

The many thousand dollar custom paint jobs & chrome with cnc machined & or water jet parts made their bikes.

Anyone could take an '84 Cutlass rustbucket, throw some bondo, sheet metal, quick interior, aftermarket facias on it with big chromed out 24" wheels & have Mr Master Blaster custom paint & airbrush expert put a $6000++ triple clear coat, ultra metal flake, super striped out bad a$$ grafix, sick paint job on it and make it look like a million bucks.

It's still a rustbucket.....

Just trinkets tacked on stock catalog stuff, with an infinite budget custom paint job & flashy CNC machined wheels just like con fuse said. Only now, their bikes are fetching near one hundred grand. Not the modest $20,000 or so when they started out.

At least Jesse James actually built almost everything he did in house. He can Oxy weld aluminum & do most all the work without an army of knuckle draggers doing it for him.

He's still a slime bag, HO banging, attention grabbing media clown. Man! He cheated on Sandy Bullock! With an attention grabbing skank who would go down on Satan himself if the money was good enough. How stupid.

Nowhere near as bad as the OCC guys tho.

IMHO of course.
                          Last edited by 7A749; 08-27-2010, 04:26 PM.
                          So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Comment

"Man! He cheated on Sandy Bullock! How stupid."

Just because she's hawt doesn't mean she's good.

Like him or not, he's quite da p1mp. When he can use women up and throw them away, it makes no sense to keep them.

Comment

Esab no name to low end stuff? Umm....I don't think so. Methinks someone needs to actually USE some of their high end machines before commenting. They are light years above no name or low end.
                              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                              '06 12RC feeder
                              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                              Esab Multimaster 260
                              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Working...
                              X