Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Brand / manufacturer of welding cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by engnerdan View Post
    Trystar is local to me, my last order (200ft 2/0, 50 ft #1 and all the LC40s I needed) was brought to me by the president of the company. Can't complain about that, very nice guy too.

This wire sure beats the crap out of the wire 2 of my LWS sells, the 3rd LWS sells Trystar.

-Dan
    Dan, I am local here too, what did they charge you for your wire, and how did you manage to get the pres to deliver it to you from Faribault? Sweet deal, think he would do it for a new customer? He might have been making a trip up here to the cites, and dropped it off on his way? Let me know, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by engnerdan View Post
      I have been buying mine from Trystar. It has a dual color jacket, so if you cut through the outside one the inside color shows through. Very flexible below freezing. One additional bonus they offer welding cable in colors so you don't have to get black like EVERYONE else on the job site has.

http://www.trystar.com/

They sell on ebay too under the name "coppercableman "

-Dan
      I know this is an old thread, but I can't find Trystar on Ebay. Where can I buy this stuff online?

Comment

I also purchased from Trystar but it took about two weeks for them to ship the cables. About 75ft of two colors 2/0 size. Once it arrived it is good cable and the custom printing is free.

they claimed they were too busy with big orders....

Comment

So is there anyone on eBay or any other retailer that can get it to me in reasonable time?

Comment

This is the coppercableman's ebay site...(see below)

Originally posted by atc250r View Post
            So is there anyone on eBay or any other retailer that can get it to me in reasonable time?
            http://www.ebay.com/sch/coppercablem...&_trksid=p3686
            MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
            Just For Home Projects.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                Where are you located?
                Manitoba. 10 Miles from the US border.

Comment

Well, if you can't find any cable, I could put a call to Noramco wire & cable in Winterpeg, and you could either pay me or pay them on the spot.

They are a wholesaler and generally don't sell to just anyone....

Jeff
                  Weld Alert ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    Well, if you can't find any cable, I could put a call to Noramco wire & cable in Winterpeg, and you could either pay me or pay them on the spot.

They are a wholesaler and generally don't sell to just anyone....

Jeff
                    Weld Alert ltd.
                    K, will let you know. Thanks Much!

Comment

It is amazing how much copper prices have driven up the cost of any sort of wire, but where it really becomes apparent is in the heavy anperage stuff because it uses so much copper. I wanted a short (25 foot) 208/215/220/230....yadda, yadda... volt extension single phase cord for my shop and, by the time I bought the actual wire in the size I needed, the connectors/plugs () and decent boxes and strain relief clamps for the ends, I had over ONE HUNDRED BUCKS in the danged thing!!!! (not to mention my time, labor, etc..) For a 25 footer!!!! But then it is a GOOD ONE, will do the job amps-wise, and won't get destroyed easily.

A buddy (non-weldor) was sort of running around along with me when I was working on this and he couldn't believe how many types/styles/configurations of 230 plugs there are. He always thought that a plug was a plug was a plug and that a receptacle was a receptacle was a receptacle!! I don't know any weldors that think this, though.......
                      Don J
                      Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

Comment

Being that we're 10 days away from Christmas what do you call a reasonable time?
                        at home:
                        2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                        2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                        2008 Suitcase 12RC
                        Spoolmatic 30A
                        WC-24
                        2009 Dynasty 200DX
                        2000 XMT 304
                        2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                        Sold:MM130XP
                        Sold:MM 251
                        Sold:CST 280

at work:
                        Invision 350MP
                        Dynasty 350
                        Millermatic 350P
                        Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Originally posted by dondlhmn View Post
                          I wanted a short (25 foot) 208/215/220/230....yadda, yadda... volt extension single phase cord for my shop and, by the time I bought the actual wire in the size I needed, the connectors/plugs () and decent boxes and strain relief clamps for the ends, I had over ONE HUNDRED BUCKS in the danged thing!!!! (not to mention my time, labor, etc..) For a 25 footer!!!!
                          When I made my 50' extension cord/adapter to power my Cutmaster 52 from my Bobcat 22NT a couple years ago.... the 50' of 6-4 SOOW cost me over $150, IRRC, along with a 14-50P, strain relief, 4" handybox, cover, and a 6-50R had me in for over $200.... for a cord... but that cord and the 25' whip on the C-52 gives me quite a bit of reach from my trailer...

As far as the original post.... I've been using the same 200' of 1/0 Flex-A-Prene leads for quite a while.... 8 years now I think....I have no complaints.
                          Bobcat 225NT
                          Cutmaster 52
                          Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                          Caterpillar TH63
                          '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Noramco Winnipeg

K, will let you know. Thanks Much!
                            Noramco in Winnipeg does not stock this wire. They will have to bring it in but only takes a couple of days.
                            Miller Diversion 180
                            Lincoln Mig Pak 5000 HD
                            Hypertherm 45
                            Uni-Spotter Stud Welder
                            Oxy Set-up with Harris Torch
                            Miller 30FX Arc Station
                            Miller Elite - Hockey Canada Helmet

Comment

Originally posted by sturugged View Post
                              Hello , I was doing some research into more welding cable for my portable rig. I was wondering if there is a general consensus on the overall best brand or manufacturer of welding cable. I researched made in the USA or Canada and only found a few hits for domestically manufactured welding cable. Obviously there is a dramatic difference in quality and you do get what you pay for. I guess i'm trying to get opinions on durability , flexibility, oil /abrasion resistance and the other desirable traits in regards to different brands. Where I live it gets 40 below zero to 30 above in the Celsius so flexibility is a major concern. I see this as an investment and want to make the best informed decision. I'm looking for opinions from anybody who wants to chime in.
                              I got my cable from a supplier in edmonton called Tex-Can I've used it down to -55 and had no problems.I don't have a number but it's in the yellow pages. Jef

Comment

Welding cable ferrules?

I believe that they may be called ferrules but am unsure. When I have bought new stingers or ground clamps they have come with the ferrules to slip over the cable and then are crushed in the connection when they are tightened. Anyone know where they can be purchased in the Edmonton area? Not trying to hijack the thread but thought that it might be related.

Byron

Comment

Working...
                                X