Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Brand / manufacturer of welding cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Brand / manufacturer of welding cable?

Hello , I was doing some research into more welding cable for my portable rig. I was wondering if there is a general consensus on the overall best brand or manufacturer of welding cable. I researched made in the USA or Canada and only found a few hits for domestically manufactured welding cable. Obviously there is a dramatic difference in quality and you do get what you pay for. I guess i'm trying to get opinions on durability , flexibility, oil /abrasion resistance and the other desirable traits in regards to different brands. Where I live it gets 40 below zero to 30 above in the Celsius so flexibility is a major concern. I see this as an investment and want to make the best informed decision. I'm looking for opinions from anybody who wants to chime in.
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Hey sturugged,
    Here's the E-Bay store I have been getting all my wire needs for cables & extensions I use. They are fast shippers also. You can browse their store for all the cable they list.

Denny

http://stores.ebay.com/ACDCELECTRICPARTS
    * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
    * Mobile unit *
    * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
    * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
    * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
    * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Comment

That, or use CCI (formally Coleman) Seroprene or Exelene. super high flex from -50C to something like 105 Deg C.

2/0 will run you $2.25 a foot + GST + shipping out of Edmonton via Greyhound.

Check that price out at your LWS
      Last edited by cruizer; 08-13-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I usually by my welding cable at my LWS... However, I have just discovered this site for all kinds of cable/wire.

Welding Cable Page:
        http://www.wireandsupply.com/www_wir...2_htm_s/22.htm
        _kevin

Syncrowave 250 Analogue
        Maxstar 200SD
        Maxtron 450
        IntelliTIG 40
        S64M Wirefeeder

Non-Blue:
        Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
        Lincoln Precision Tig 275
        Lincoln WeldPak 155

Comment

Ahh, the op is in Canada, so thats $2.85/ft US + shipping +sales tax + GST+ duty + brokerage. So that $2.85 becomes an easy $7 bucks + a foot!

I have the same US made CCI stuff and still make money selling it a $2.25 CAd + GST + shipping.
          Last edited by cruizer; 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Cruizer:

My mistake, I didn't notice the op was from Canada... it's not worth it to buy cable from the US.
            _kevin

Syncrowave 250 Analogue
            Maxstar 200SD
            Maxtron 450
            IntelliTIG 40
            S64M Wirefeeder

Non-Blue:
            Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
            Lincoln Precision Tig 275
            Lincoln WeldPak 155

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
              That, or use CCI (formally Coleman) Seroprene or Exelene. super high flex from -50C to something like 105 Deg C.

2/0 will run you $2.25 a foot + GST + shipping out of Edmonton via Greyhound.

Check that price out at your LWS
              Im in Edmonton, and looking for some 2 AWG welding cable, do you have any available?

Thanks

Comment

Best Welding Cable on the Market

I am confident that you will not find a better welding cable than the product offered by the company that I represent: TPC WIRE & CABLE.

For flexibility and conductivity, the stranding of conductors is 2.5 times finer than just about anything else on the market. Additionally our welding cable has a TSE jacket that is going to with stand just about any abuse you can subject it to.

Adrian Smith
                TPC Wire & Cable
                216-525-4407

Comment

Originally posted by Dragginfly View Post
                  Im in Edmonton, and looking for some 2 AWG welding cable, do you have any available?

Thanks
                  Since copper shot up in price, the new cost is $2.64 ft, and I can get it for you anytime

433-7911

Comment

I have been buying mine from Trystar. It has a dual color jacket, so if you cut through the outside one the inside color shows through. Very flexible below freezing. One additional bonus they offer welding cable in colors so you don't have to get black like EVERYONE else on the job site has.

http://www.trystar.com/

They sell on ebay too under the name "coppercableman "

-Dan
                    Owner
                    DW Metalworks LLC
                    Miller Trailblazer 302
                    Miller 8RC Feeder
                    Miller Passport Plus
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
                    Hobart Handler 135
                    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
                    Smith O/A Torch Set
                    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

+ 1 for the Trystar cable.

Hello forum members , I decided to bite the bullet and i got 2/0 cable from Trystar and it has been excellent in terms of durability and flexability. Like the post previous said its also nice cause you can choose what color it is and get your company info printed on every foot of it. If thieves want it bad enough they will take it, but not while i have ammunition or wind in my lungs! I was very satisfied with their service and turn around time as well

Comment

Originally posted by sturugged View Post
                        Hello forum members , I decided to bite the bullet and i got 2/0 cable from Trystar and it has been excellent in terms of durability and flexability. Like the post previous said its also nice cause you can choose what color it is and get your company info printed on every foot of it. If thieves want it bad enough they will take it, but not while i have ammunition or wind in my lungs! I was very satisfied with their service and turn around time as well
                        Trystar is local to me, my last order (200ft 2/0, 50 ft #1 and all the LC40s I needed) was brought to me by the president of the company. Can't complain about that, very nice guy too.

This wire sure beats the crap out of the wire 2 of my LWS sells, the 3rd LWS sells Trystar.

-Dan
                        Owner
                        DW Metalworks LLC
                        Miller Trailblazer 302
                        Miller 8RC Feeder
                        Miller Passport Plus
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
                        Hobart Handler 135
                        Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
                        Smith O/A Torch Set
                        Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

[QUOTE=sturugged;261562]Hello forum members , I decided to bite the bullet and i got 2/0 cable from Trystar and it has been excellent in terms of durability and flexability. Like the post previous said its also nice cause you can choose what color it is and get your company info printed on every foot of it. If thieves want it bad enough they will take it, but not while i have ammunition or wind in my lungs! I was very satisfied with their service and turn around time as well [/QUOTE

I suppose with the Cdn dollar at par, the overall bill would have been comparable?

Comment

I don't think so, even with the exchange rate + shipping, the cost would have far exceeded the cost of our CCI exelprene 2/0 @ $2.64 ft. The camlock ends are no biggee as they come in at $10 bucks a set.

Comment

The cost landed to my door was more than cruizers, But....

I think it actually worked out around the 3.50 a foot range, I suppose i could have had Cruizers a little cheaper but the freight on the bus would have castrated me at this end. I also choose it because it was availible in colours other than black or red. I have no beef with that fact , just that I wanted something obnoxiously loud that no body would ver confuse for "their" cable. They also print your info on it every foot of the cable, which I thouight was cool. I dont see to many guys with "pump it up" orange cables in my neck of the woods / rockpile. I do know that it was a better deal than the local Acklands Grainger and marginally better than Air Liquide where i am. I wouldnt hesitate to get from them again if i ever need more , hopefully i wont though cause i splurged and got aluma reels to boot, and i will protect them like a firstborn the way copper prices are going.

Comment

Working...
                              X