This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrw159 View Post
    As far as SundownIII goes, he has made a lot of improvement over what he used to be like.
    SundownIII has not ever changed, in the years he's been on this board. You are just getting more used to him.

Of course, he's my buddy, we are the first and only recipients of the "world class prick" award, as far as I know, nobody else, even including John McCracken (JTMcC) ,,, has been honored with that term.

Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
      SundownIII has not ever changed, in the years he's been on this board. You are just getting more used to him.

Of course, he's my buddy, we are the first and only recipients of the "world class prick" award, as far as I know, nobody else, even including John McCracken (JTMcC) ,,, has been honored with that term.
      Nope. I am not getting more used to him. In the past he has posted MANY one line bashes to newcomers to the trade with absolutely no advice. Many members/moderators of more than one welding forum were getting fed up with it and told him as much. Over the past several months he has added in the advice to download instructions and manuals which is very good advice, and in addition he does have a lot of knowledge to share. I do not mind the harsh abrasive manner in which he replies to some. That is part of the "welding world" that will never, and IMHO should never, change. I can be pretty harsh myself when provoked. But that should not be the only thing that he gives as that is not conducive to the advancement of our field.

In all honesty, over the last 6 months or so I have not had a problem with the way he replies to most people. My only issue with him at this point in time is that he posted a bold face lie about me and I can only hope that I will have the chance to meet him face to face one day. I do not believe for one second that it was a case of mistaken identity seeing as he does a thorough investigation of everyone that confronts him. If it was a case of mistaken identity and he is half the man he claims to be he would have stepped up and settled it.

Is he harsh? Yes.

Is that a bad thing? Not always.

Is he a liar? YES!!!

I have NEVER told "Injun Joe" or anyone else for that matter, that because they did not know how to weld that they should look into inspection.

That is a LIE!!!

I did not even know that "Injun Joe" existed until he posted that lie and I dam sure had never conversed with him, not even once.

Receiving a "World Class Prick" award is not hard, nor is it always a bad thing, but being a dam liar is a whole other deal.

jrw159
      Last edited by jrw159; 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM.
      ASW CWI / ASNT ACCP II / CWB Welding Inspector / CWB Welding Supervisor / PT Level II / MT Level II

Comment

jrw, be careful what you wish for. You may not like what you find. I know a great deal about ol SundownIII. Let's just say I'm just glad he's not after me and leave it at that.

Yup, this thread is just about where I expected it to be. Yup....just about.
        Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
        '06 12RC feeder
        Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
        Esab Multimaster 260
        Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Let's close this one too before it gets way too stupid.

Comment

Working...
          X