This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this forum not for me.

I've been "hovering" around here for the past two weeks and I've been thinking about joining in. After reading the post about "weight equipment ending up in the corner" i had to Join and post. I am a member of a few forums that deal with specific classic vehicles, on each of those (2) forums there is alot of motivation and support. This forum is nothing like those. There are an amazing amount of "pricks" on this site. the guy that was offended about the "weight equipment" sounds like a nice guy (and i'm sure he is) could have just taken it "wrong" , but i didn't really see an insult there. The supposed "offender" seems like a nice guy too.both of them seem like decent members of this forum.
    It's the one "prick" who jumps in and all his little "followers" who tag along that really amused me. Seriously, thats the kind of **** you see in jr. high. And no it's not just "guys being guys" it just plain ole "pricks". The kind of people we see at work or at the bar and say "oh ****, here comes this prick"
    be it his family or friends. (i'm guessing both). these pricks also have an issue with "stugats" who i think is an alright guy/and a pretty talented welder. What a sad bunch of little pussies who ruin it for the rest. I don't want to be a part of this forum , i just joined to say there are other forums out there that have good, decent members who don't act like little girls looking for something to criticize.
    mostly it's old farts who've seen the best yrs of their life gone by, now they get pissed at every newbie who's excited about welding and see's possibilities in this great field. How many others were driven away after seeing the "attitude" around here?
    sad bunch.

bob

yep

It's obvious that "JSFAB" and "SUNDOWN" are the world class Pricks on here, but all the other Little "followers" (you know who they are) come out of the woodwork after the coast is cleared by the instigators.
    Too bad for the 98 percent of good, decent guys on here.
    Miller is a top notch brand, you think they would "boot" out the ****heads who made a "home" here by insulting people.
    Make no mistake, these "pricks" and their followers are on other forums with similar screenames doing the same thing.
    Don't bother responding to me, i'm already gone.
    Do yourselves a favor and protect your forum before they "totally" destroy it.

Comment

Hey, you two should just tough-up a little. This is an open forum. Finding someone you don't like is normal. If you walked into a room with a few hundred people in it, would you expect to like everything each of them has to say? Geez. Some people take this internet stuff WAY too personal. You're almost never going to see dialogue on the internet that is the same as sitting across the table from someone.

Make a lot of judgements if you must. But, writing off this discussion board just because you're so sensitive is going to be your loss. There's lots of good information to be found here and a lot of people get help solving their problems. So, see ya!

Comment

Bobster is right!!!

I agree with Bobster..... too much stupidity going by the excuse of entertainment... and less and less real information being exchanged.... we have lost too many good people over the last couple of years... and the fools continue to perform on stage... when is enough enough???
        my 2cents worth
        Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Hmm...first and second post just to complain and say you won't be coming back? Sheesh...someone doesn't have enough to do. If you don't like someone, put them on ignore and don't read their stuff...you won't even see it. Don't start another thread that is designed to start something...the very thing you are complaining about. THAT is what gums up the works with meaningless crap and drivel.
          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
          '06 12RC feeder
          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
          Esab Multimaster 260
          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Don
            I think maybe you are missing the larger point.... that lots of productive prospective members of the forum are turned off and walk away... why are we depriving ourselves of their knowledge and input just so we can provide a stage for a few loudmouth clowns????? and no it is not a matter of toughening up... any reasonable person should not expect verbal abuse as a condition of participation in a forum... some of these guys have real confusion between "manhood" and "stupidity".....
            it is just too bad..
            Heiti

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by bobster View Post
              It's obvious that "JSFAB" and "SUNDOWN" are the world class Pricks on here, but all the other Little "followers" .......
              Well, at least somebody has discovered I'm "world class" in something I'll take that as a compliment.

Hey SundownIII, apparently we have "followers" ..... ... Should we think about starting a cult or something?????
              Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Originally posted by bobster View Post
                It's obvious that "JSFAB" and "SUNDOWN" are the world class Pricks on here, but all the other Little "followers" (you know who they are) come out of the woodwork after the coast is cleared by the instigators.
                Too bad for the 98 percent of good, decent guys on here.
                Miller is a top notch brand, you think they would "boot" out the ****heads who made a "home" here by insulting people.
                Make no mistake, these "pricks" and their followers are on other forums with similar screenames doing the same thing.
                Don't bother responding to me, i'm already gone.
                Do yourselves a favor and protect your forum before they "totally" destroy it.
                Don't forget me...

I'm just one of those "followers" I guess.

I personally accept credit for most of the flaming your good pal stugots gets.

Just about all of it is entirely deserved & I certainly wouldn't have an issue saying it to his face either.

Ought to go back & read some of the garbage he's posted before so readily defending him.

Rather than tell us how "bad" some of the guys are around here, just do US a favor & hit the road. I guess you say you already have, but I bet you go back & read this tho.

This site is quite productive now compared to what it & a few others have been, even in the recent past. Most of the guys who get flamed here totally open themselves up for it by either posting total BS, get way too worked up over criticism or are talking trash & deliberately try to get a reaction out of people. All the bleeding hearts come out to say how "bad it is" when it's quite mild compared to the flaming I've seen on other sites.

I generally stay out of flame wars but some just deserve what they get, especially when they talk stupid crap then try to be a serious contributor in the same place (Again, your oh so great & talented pal stugots)

I have contributed more useful information here & helped more people behind the scenes than ANY bleeding heart complainer who writes the site off as garbage or crap talking slimebag who posts up a couple projects but likes to brag about all the immature, childish crap he does to his neighbors. Sorry, I just call it how I see it.

If someone walked in a real shop & acted that way, think the reaction would be any different?

IMHO of course.
                Last edited by 7A749; 08-04-2010, 11:55 AM.
                So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Comment

Well, JSFAB,

Guess that means we're not going to win the Miss Congenitality award this year.

Some of these "bleeding hearts" need to be on a knitting board rather than a welding board. To them a "polite wrong answer" is better than a "blunt correct one".

To Bob,

From one "prick" to a real "dumba$$". Don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out.

Oh, and Stugots, it was nice of you to drop by.
                  Last edited by SundownIII; 08-04-2010, 12:29 PM.
                  Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200 DX
                  Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                  Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                  Hobart HH187
                  Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                  Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                  Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                  PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                  Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                  Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                  More grinders than hands

Comment

Is that one of your "blunt correct answers" ? Because it sure just sounds like you being an d-bag.

Originally posted by SundownIII
                    Heiti,

Are you female?

If not, are you still ticked at your folks for hanging that name on you?

Comment

Never been impressed by bullies....

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

Caution!
                        These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Didn't join the board to try to "impress" anyone.

Don't need/not looking for a "best buddy". Got enough of them in the "real world".

Just try to pass on a little "information/knowledge" here and there.

If you don't like what I've got to say, either click on that "ignore this poster" button, or report the post to the moderators.
                          Dynasty 200 DX
                          Hobart HH187
                          Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                          Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                          Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                          More grinders than hands

Comment

Wait.

You signed up ... just so you could storm back out and quit???

Congratulations. Knock yourself out. I guess you showed us.

I'm sure everyone here is weeping into their cafe latte that you won't be gracing us with your presence.

Next month, try this:

Buh-bye!

Comment

I'd say that might be Stugots wife, but he said she was "fat".
                              Dynasty 200 DX
                              Hobart HH187
                              Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                              Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                              Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                              More grinders than hands

Comment

Working...
                              X