Thermal Arc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Arc?

What do you guys think about thermal arc machines? I could purchase a fabricator 210 for a reasonable price of $1350! Just wondering what your guys experience is with these machines.
    Thanks in advance!

Sammy

I worked for a company that has a fabricator 251 and welded with it for a while. I was not really impressed. This machine was supposed to be rated at 300 amps wide open. It did not seem like the machine had even close to that output under the best of conditions. Welding with a Miller 251 was like night and day with the T/A side by side. That being said; A lot of " non welders " had used this machine and it could have had problems I was unaware of. I can't fault a brand of machine for that. I do highly recommend getting some test time with one before you buy, if at all possible.
    Sometimes there's no second chances.

Comment

Thanks for your input Davinci! It looks like we worked a deal of $1400 for the machine delivered to my door and with a free Helmet. It gets shipped tomorrow! Good thing about it is that if i don't like it for any reason, i can send it back since its my cousin who i'm gettin it from!
      Will let you guys know how she goes!

Comment

im unsure where your located but a 251 just came up on CL for 1100 with spoolgun

if it helps or no i dont have the $$$ to get it my self
        Leblond Makino mills
        HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
        American Pacemaker lathe
        wells index mill
        hydrotel rebuilt
        syncrowave 250
        diversion 165
        Miller Elite Vintage USA

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
          Thanks for your input Davinci! It looks like we worked a deal of $1400 for the machine delivered to my door and with a free Helmet. It gets shipped tomorrow! Good thing about it is that if i don't like it for any reason, i can send it back since its my cousin who i'm gettin it from!
          Will let you guys know how she goes!
          Sammy, I hope everything works out Well for you !!!!!!

How old is the Welder ?

........... Norm
          www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Norm! The welder is Brand spankin new! It gets shipped today!
            I'll let you guys no how it welds. I'm just browsing for a new 75/25 tank. I sold mine with the old welder, since it went as a package. I made sure that i covered the cost of it though.

Sammy

Comment

Praxair

Thanks Norm! The welder is Brand spankin new! It gets shipped today!
              I'll let you guys no how it welds. I'm just browsing for a new 75/25 tank. I sold mine with the old welder, since it went as a package. I made sure that i covered the cost of it though.

Sammy
              Your Welcome, Sammy;

Again, Praxair ...... I bought all my tanks from them ( Praxair )
              I own .......
              Two - C-25's
              Two - Oxygen
              One- Aceylene
              One - 100% Argon

............ Norm

Comment

Originally posted by cncmachinist View Post
                im unsure where your located but a 251 just came up on CL for 1100 with spoolgun

if it helps or no i dont have the $$$ to get it my self
                Thanks for that! Trouble is, i already ordered mine. At least i get full warranty this way.

Thanks again Norm. I already did some research today on bottle sizes/prices, etc.
                Think i may go with a 140 Cubic Foot this time.

Comment

On paper, the Fabricator 210 looks like it has the potential to be a very good unit. 16 output ranges (voltage taps) should give it a good range of adjustability. 25+ load volts @250 amps, makes it a legitimate 250 amp unit with C-25 shielding gas.

Comment

Thanks for that! Trouble is, i already ordered mine. At least i get full warranty this way.

Thanks again Norm. I already did some research today on bottle sizes/prices, etc.
                    Think i may go with a 140 Cubic Foot this time.
                    Sammy, Enjoy, Enjoy, Good luck !!!!!!!!!!

Sammy, can you guys buy the larger tanks ? 140 cf. & larger ?
                    Can you buy or do you have to lease your New tanks ?

........... Norm

Comment

We can usually only purchase the smaller tanks but i found one place where i can buy the 140. I'm pretty sure that size is the biggest though.

Comment

So the Thermal Arc Fabricator 210 arrived today!
                        It got here late so i still have to finish setting it up tomorrow!
                        Will read the manuals tonight. It also came with the thermal arc helmet and bag!
                        I'm impressed so far! The helmet kicks millers Pro Hobby series in my opinion! I haven't seen all the series so i can't say for them but...
                        I still need a few bits for it such as .035 tips, gas, etc, but i'll let you guys know how it welds, (if you're interested)

Comment

hows it doing

So the Thermal Arc Fabricator 210 arrived today!
                          It got here late so i still have to finish setting it up tomorrow!
                          Will read the manuals tonight. It also came with the thermal arc helmet and bag!
                          I'm impressed so far! The helmet kicks millers Pro Hobby series in my opinion! I haven't seen all the series so i can't say for them but...
                          I still need a few bits for it such as .035 tips, gas, etc, but i'll let you guys know how it welds, (if you're interested)
                          just wondered how your welder is doing?

Comment

I have got the stuff i need for it but haven't hooked it up yet! Will do soon and let you know!

Sammy

Comment

Argon Refill-- Praxair !!!!!!!

Sammy, Earlier we were talking about Tanks for mig welding & said try Praxair.

Well I got a refill of 100% Argon today, only a 40cf. ( LD. ) OMG. !!!!!!!!!
                              40 cf. was Over $60. just for the gas as I own the tank !!!!!!!!

........... Norm

Comment

Working...
                              X