American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

Comment

Note to programmer dude/dudette:

1) Skin and color scheme is awful, please fix asap.
      2) Too much wasted space.
      - Site is now a scrolling nightmare if user has a netbook/small monitor (even running Chrome). look at your demographic. How many welders have 30" flat screen monitors in their shop?
      - Old sidebar user profile was much better layout.
      - Ditch useless unnecessary add-ons like "search cloud"
      3) Lower search minimum to three characters instead of four (or put a msg instructing user to add wild * to three char. searches)
      4) Whose software is this, and are there any Greasemonkey scripts I can run to make this site bearable to view in the meantime?
      2007 Miller Dynasty 200 DX
      2005 Miller Passport 180

Comment

I posted a PM to admin, and did get a response back. They said that this is what came with the up grade software, and that they will be tweaking and adjusting the colors etc. in the coming weeks.

They didn't want to have the site off line for to long a stretch of time. So I guess we will see.
        glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Hello everyone,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We update the forums twice a year to keep security up-to-date and we get often get new forum tools as we update as well.

Most of the time, the updates are seamless to the forum members - everything typically looks and functions the same and only the background things are fixed such as added security and fewer bugs, etc. This time, however, the package included this new look.

The colors and layout you are seeing is what had come standard with the package. In an effort to reduce the time the board was out of commision, we decided to put it up as-is and continue to tweak it as we go along. I agree, the new pastel colors look odd against the Miller header - it will be nice to get things looking cohesive again. Over the next week or so I will be reviewing the forum and making recommendations for working on the colors, settings, etc. Please continue to send feedback as you come across things in the new layout.

I've received a note from some of you that you aren't staying logged in. I've passed this issue along to our programmers to get it fixed.

Thanks for your patience and continue to send feedback!
          Seriously do you mean this????
          How about letting us in on what exactly it was you were shooting for in the first place?
          What is your beef with the smileys? First you restrict their usage to only four and that is with no pics. You have the suckiest selection of them for years on the internet and NOW you cannot even tell one from the other without enlarging them. Just look at my sig. All 3 are different but they all look the same unless you stare at them.
          How about making them bigger.
          I admit I am getting a bit more used to the pastel look, but for me virtually every symbol on this new format is fuzzy and hard to even tell what it is.
          Simply jump over to the Hobart board and look at the much better clarity.
          To say I HATE the new format or at least what we view is an understatement.
          How about giving US some feedback and tell us exactly what we have GAINED here?
          Is this a money saving budjet cut or have you actually made some improvement?
          From my point of view it is annoying enuff to get up from my computer and simply not look at it....or find a more up to date looking site.
          I believe you wanna hear our feedback but I seriously doubt it will change much.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

This forum is a very useful asset to Miller owners and weldors generally.

The new format IS NOT BETTER, IN ANY WAY, THAN THE PREVIOUS LAYOUT. IT IS MUCH WORSE.

Miller management need to gently correct whoever though it was an improvement.
            It does not help sell Miller products, it doesn't help the customer experience, it is an eyesore.

Google monkeyed around with their home page, then swiftly returned it to normal because USERS hated it. Go to Shop Floor Talk for an example of useful layout, then Weldingweb for a passable example.

Add this to the feedback list. Cosmetic layout /= "security". Whoever sold this to Miller needs spanking. Send the next person to the site below, full of examples of what not to do:

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

Then go to Slashdot for examples of what TO do, including the moderation system.

Comment

For crying out loud !! It's a welding site, not a cosmo chit chat site!! Terrible!! BOO!!

Comment

Admin:

Is it possible to put back the "today's posts" option in the drop-down menu under quick links? Or is it somewhere else, and I just haven't found it yet???
                Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

todays posts

if you aren't logged in it's in the place of new posts, just under the forum tab. that's one way of getting around it i guess

Comment

Just wanted to offer another set of thumbs down on the new look. Hopefully it can be fixed without too much trouble.
                    hre

Comment

Not again

It happened again, I logged in, hit remember me, went to post and got the aint logged in screen. So you log in again that takes you to the change your password screen. Then you get relogged in and your post is gone. Gotta start all over and it was 400 words.
                      Bob
                      Millermatic 252 w/30A
                      Big Blue Air Pak
                      Ellis 3000 Band Saw
                      Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
                      8-RC
                      Dynasty 200 DX
                      XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
                      Millermatic 211
                      Passport Plus
                      Spectrum 625 X-TREME
                      Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
                      2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
                      SA-200 Black Face '59
                      SA-200 Green Lite '84
                      SA-200 Green Lite '80
                      SA-200 Red Face '69
                      SA-200 Red Face '66
                      SA-200 Green Lite '81
                      '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Miller View Post
                        It happened again, I logged in, hit remember me, went to post and got the aint logged in screen. So you log in again that takes you to the change your password screen. Then you get relogged in and your post is gone. Gotta start all over and it was 400 words.
                        Bob
                        Bob, I have't had ant problems since the second day !
                        Been fine since then !

........... Norm
                        www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

I must have done something wrong, because it was workin' for me to the last few days.
                          Thought I did everthing the same.
                          Bob
                          Millermatic 252 w/30A
                          Big Blue Air Pak
                          Ellis 3000 Band Saw
                          Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
                          8-RC
                          Dynasty 200 DX
                          XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
                          Millermatic 211
                          Passport Plus
                          Spectrum 625 X-TREME
                          Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
                          2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
                          SA-200 Black Face '59
                          SA-200 Green Lite '84
                          SA-200 Green Lite '80
                          SA-200 Red Face '69
                          SA-200 Red Face '66
                          SA-200 Green Lite '81
                          '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Comment

Nice to see that they are working on it! The faces are back to normal now!
                            Thats progress!

Comment

it might be working fine, but i find it hard to read with the soft colors, burning rod and wire for most of my working life, plus the age factor and i find that my eye site is not as sharp as it used to be, after working all day, then logging on with tired eyes, i am finding that the pastel thing blurrs my vision, as in life! :nothing stays the same'

Comment

Updates

Hello everyone,

As you can see, we've been working on getting things on track on the message board.

The backgrounds are now light gray/blue to help with the brightness, we've updated the template colors to a better "Miller Blue" and we've brought back the old smiles/post icons.

We've also adjusted some of the little bugs/glitches we had early on.

We're reviewing the forum jump options. There is one at the bottom right called "quick navigation" and at the top, you can navigate with the breadcrumb links near the little house icon at the top left.

Please let me know if you continue to see problems/issues that we can adjust or fix on the board.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X