No announcement yet.

Syncrowave 250-No remote amperage control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations.... and best of luck fighting the learning curve of the art of TIG
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

I have a snyc 350 that just started acting up with the pedal not working. im sure as most would guess, its the most likely suspect, since it gets drop
      kicked and stuff set on the cord all the time. I took my time and did some research that led me here, and after ohming out the pedal and wiring, found
      that 300 bucks I would have spent would have been for nothing. cruiser nailed it right on the head. the moldex 5 pin connector had insufficient solder
      to connect the connector pins to the circuit board that goes to the pin out connector. funny enough, I did have the 24v and 10 signals at the pedal, but not
      enough connection to make it work. thanks cruiser, and everybody else that helped point me in the right direction. it works fine now.

Comment

I have a syncrowave 350 (KA 828057) with the same problem, "no remote amperage control". I tried 2 different rfcs-14hd and same issue. Using the schematic inside the machine, I took wire # 110 to my ohm meter thru to wire #106 at the PC board and have 1K ohms with the petal up and 0 Ohms with the petal down. That's with the rfcs-14hd hooked up and switch on the machine set to "remote",...so I think it's a board problem. Where can I find a good schematic of the board and the location of the op-amp and it's part number ???
        Any help would be appreciated !!
        Marty

Comment

Originally posted by marglo View Post
          I have a syncrowave 350 (KA 828057) with the same problem, "no remote amperage control". I tried 2 different rfcs-14hd and same issue. Using the schematic inside the machine, I took wire # 110 to my ohm meter thru to wire #106 at the PC board and have 1K ohms with the petal up and 0 Ohms with the petal down. That's with the rfcs-14hd hooked up and switch on the machine set to "remote",...so I think it's a board problem. Where can I find a good schematic of the board and the location of the op-amp and it's part number ???
          Marty
          I know this is an old thread, but Marglo resurrected it last month.
          You have to buy the technical manual from Miller. I have a Syncrowave 250, I recall I paid $80 via the dealer (25 years ago). The down side, it has the board schematic, but no component values. You have to manually read them off the board components and write them on the schematic. The board did fail in my power supply. I removed all the ICs, and installed sockets and new components. A pain to desolder them as they use some sort of varnish for conformal coating. Only problem is that Miller used crappy parts that required potentiometer test alignment, so my current is way off from the dial. I just never took the time to power it up on a bench and figure out how to calibrate it. I ended up buying a new board. I see the cost is $1200 today.
          I hope it's still true you can get the technical manual for their products today, and not be a factory authorized tech.

Comment

Marty
            Marty, does your panel amperage work? If so, then I would recommend you first check to make sure you have voltage across sockets C and D on your remote. Tha will tell us which way to go.
            Jon

Comment

Marty
              Marty, also, is the Syncrowave 350 running full hot or no heat at all when you press the pedal? If it's full hot, check to make sure socket D is connected to ground. If it's always cold, check to make sure your lead 106 has good contact to connect ion RC52-12.

Comment

Working...
              X