This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metal artist

I'm only in my garage welding and really don't have to worry what I look like. I wear old jeans that are too big for me and have cut pockets off the jeans to glue-sew over places that burn/wear out (usually left knee and crotch (I sit on the floor and grind)). I buy men's long sleeve cotton t shirts from outlets and wear them until I burn thru the bellys. Shoes have duct tape or twine after the laces burn away and my gloves usually have duct tape or electrical tape over the fingers that burn thru first. You're right-it's way too hot in AZ in the summer to wear leathers!

Comment

Feelings at the door

Hey Jina

Check your feelings at the door.
      I personally don't care if you are female, male or otherwise..........
      If you need some gear to define you as a tradesperson well enuf said

Some of the best welders I know are women - they sure don't need to play the gender card

In Edmonton there was a store selling work gear with leather pre sewn onto the usual burn areas - couldn't keep it on the shelf. It is definitely a market to be reckoned with (Sounds like you need it in your area). The welder I met wearing it actually handed out cards for the store he got asked so many times about it!
      Bobcat 225
      The rest is bright RED "Tig & GMAW"
      Just got a new Hypertherm 30

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly69 View Post
        Hey Jina

Check your feelings at the door.
        I personally don't care if you are female, male or otherwise..........
        If you need some gear to define you as a tradesperson well enuf said

Some of the best welders I know are women - they sure don't need to play the gender card
        People like things because of how they appeal to them. Feelings have nothing to do with it, especially playing a "card" is not my cup of tea. Gear doesn't define the person, the welds do, buddy!! Pink helmet or not, I can go into a shop and not have to say a word, my welds speak for themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by jina09 View Post
          I'd say my design is far from neon pink and flowers...
          I like your design but don't know how wearing that helmet would help anyone recognize "a woman under the hood." Maybe something else other than the helmet, or perhaps your name on the helmet might help. I, too, like the plain , no-frills helmets, but again, yours is a nice design.

When this contest started, I thought they were looking for some innovative technical ideas, not just graphics, so this is dissapointing as well.

Comment

Hey Miss Jina,
            Wow! You join a male-oriented forum & "strut-your-stuff" indicating you can shame 30yr veteran weldors. Nice start for a 21 yr old snot-nosed wet-behind-the ears gender-suffering female. Good beginning to befriend the "seasoned" weldors who post here to share & teach you newbies/youngsters the myriad of welding techniques & problem-solving encountered in a career.

1) You need to re-read my initial response..... There was nothing chauvinistic nor sarcastic in my response.... just a simple suggestion. You interpreted what YOU thought to justify your gender-identity crisis.

2) You cannot correct me for anything. There is nothing I indicated that you submitted a design. My wording suggested you enter.

3) Since you indicate "they may have 99% male customers", I would surmise that is because that is where the PROFIT is......duuuhhhh! No company can survive with a 1% sales volume.

4) You quote: "There is no NEED to have gender identification", yet that is what your entire post/response tirade has been about.

5) You are sadly misinformed if you think "women are taking over male dominated fields", missy. There are welding jobs alone that no woman can handle, let alone other physically-demanding careers..... your BS won't fly there.

6) Oh, of course, & there's: "Not to mention, I've put some supposedly "30-year experienced" men to shame when it comes to welding." Really nice way to earn the respect of the "seasoned" vets here who give away decades of a wealth of knowledge to help the youngsters/newbies get better by listening to some "wisdom". Oh, you may have to look that word up in the dictionary so you have an understanding.

7) Your diatribe: "Women can do the same job, and even better in some cases." is absolutely ridiculous. For you to make such a mindless statement simply indicates your childish manners & probably Liberal upbringing. If you want to illuminate all we members of those jobs, please do so. You need to learn how to project your insinuations with FACTS, missy.

8) Yes, we "baby-boomers" are retiring from the workforce, but not from our love of welding.....quite the contrary. It's the "baby-boomers" that built this tremendous industrial nation we serve...... if you can comprehend somewhat. Yes, times ARE changing.....& not looking to the better with the last two generations of coddled, illiterate, lazy, & gender-crisis individuals.

9) Since you are so fabulous at welding, the least you can do is to post some pics of your repairs, projects, designs, & all the processes you proclaim to be so adept at.

Now that you have alienated some real talent here, I'm sure you will not need any guidance from any of we "seasoned" gents.

Denny
            * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
            * Mobile unit *
            * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
            * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
            * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
            * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
              Hey Miss Jina,
              Wow! You join a male-oriented forum & "strut-your-stuff" indicating you can shame 30yr veteran weldors. Nice start for a 21 yr old snot-nosed wet-behind-the ears gender-suffering female. Good beginning to befriend the "seasoned" weldors who post here to share & teach you newbies/youngsters the myriad of welding techniques & problem-solving encountered in a career.

1) You need to re-read my initial response..... There was nothing chauvinistic nor sarcastic in my response.... just a simple suggestion. You interpreted what YOU thought to justify your gender-identity crisis.

2) You cannot correct me for anything. There is nothing I indicated that you submitted a design. My wording suggested you enter.

3) Since you indicate "they may have 99% male customers", I would surmise that is because that is where the PROFIT is......duuuhhhh! No company can survive with a 1% sales volume.

4) You quote: "There is no NEED to have gender identification", yet that is what your entire post/response tirade has been about.

5) You are sadly misinformed if you think "women are taking over male dominated fields", missy. There are welding jobs alone that no woman can handle, let alone other physically-demanding careers..... your BS won't fly there.

6) Oh, of course, & there's: "Not to mention, I've put some supposedly "30-year experienced" men to shame when it comes to welding." Really nice way to earn the respect of the "seasoned" vets here who give away decades of a wealth of knowledge to help the youngsters/newbies get better by listening to some "wisdom". Oh, you may have to look that word up in the dictionary so you have an understanding.

7) Your diatribe: "Women can do the same job, and even better in some cases." is absolutely ridiculous. For you to make such a mindless statement simply indicates your childish manners & probably Liberal upbringing. If you want to illuminate all we members of those jobs, please do so. You need to learn how to project your insinuations with FACTS, missy.

8) Yes, we "baby-boomers" are retiring from the workforce, but not from our love of welding.....quite the contrary. It's the "baby-boomers" that built this tremendous industrial nation we serve...... if you can comprehend somewhat. Yes, times ARE changing.....& not looking to the better with the last two generations of coddled, illiterate, lazy, & gender-crisis individuals.

9) Since you are so fabulous at welding, the least you can do is to post some pics of your repairs, projects, designs, & all the processes you proclaim to be so adept at.

Now that you have alienated some real talent here, I'm sure you will not need any guidance from any of we "seasoned" gents.

Denny
              Denny, judging by this young lady living in Mobile, Alabama I would guess that she is a trainee fresh out of welding school and welding flat mig in a shop at a shipyard. She will not post a picture because she is just flapping her wings trying to make an impression. By the way your post was right on target.

Wheelchair

Comment

Originally posted by GerryR View Post
                I like your design but don't know how wearing that helmet would help anyone recognize "a woman under the hood." Maybe something else other than the helmet, or perhaps your name on the helmet might help. I, too, like the plain , no-frills helmets, but again, yours is a nice design.

When this contest started, I thought they were looking for some innovative technical ideas, not just graphics, so this is dissapointing as well.
                You missed her point!
                Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
                Miller 340A/BP
                Victor O/A torches
                Lincoln SP125
                Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
                78 GS1000
                82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
                  Hey Miss Jina,

Denny
                  My dear "seasoned" Denny-

Let me start with: AHAHAHAHAA!! I literally laughed out loud when I read that. Thanks for the knee slapper!

It's narrow-minded people like you I pay no attention to. You seem to be the arrogant type who automatically assumes he's better because of age and is a man. That's great and more power to you! I haven't been around long enough to practice trying to put people in there place, let alone go out of my way to do it. I may be 21, and oh yes, I was raised liberally and proud of it, thank you! That's how it came to me thinking for myself and taking your rants and turning it into motivation. Call it childish, I really don't care what you think. I have nothing to prove to anybody unless you're signing my paycheck. YOU especially. Just because your old doesn't give you wisdom. It looks like in your case, more stubborn and angry.

1) Simple suggestion? That's a joke and you know it. Be serious, grandpa.

2) I'm correcting you right now!

3) Sales are sales, buddy.

4) Tirade?? HA, you haven't seen a tirade yet.

5) I'm not sadly misinformed, you old fart. In fact, I've done welding jobs that men COULD NOT do because they had a beer gut that restrained them from getting into a certain welding position. I'd say that could fall into the category of being "physically demanding"!

6) Some of you "seasoned" men claim you've been welding in your dad's garage since you were 12 but they lay down welds that make bird **** look great! And no need to use a dictionary, it seems like you know EVERYTHING. I'd ask you the definition if I could stop gagging over how repulsive you are to me.

7) For your information, grandpa, I worked at a foundry for a year. The gentleman I worked with was moved to wax injection and I was given more GTAW work. Why, you ask? Because I was BETTER than HIM. That statement I made is far from ridiculous. It's as close to the truth as possible. Obviously you've never had your toes stepped on by a FEMALE. I'm happy to do the honors!

8) Have you read a book being so wise and all? WOMEN are apart of the baby-boomers you MORON. When men were overseas during WW2, WOMEN were doing the welding. Unfortunately for you, those "coddled, illiterate, lazy, & gender-crisis individuals" are the ones going to school for medical, teachers and politics, the ones who will be taking care of you on your death bed. I'd be a little more polite to the one controlling my morphine dose, if I were you!

9) Coming soon!!

Oh dear "seasoned" Denny, you're like the grandpa I'm so terribly happy I never had to deal with!

And lastly, you decrepit twit, I'm done with you. It was a great debate but I can't argue with ignorance let alone someone who can't even see it from another point of view besides their own.

Your FAVORITE missy,
                  Jina
                  Last edited by jina09; 06-27-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelchair View Post
                    Denny, judging by this young lady living in Mobile, Alabama I would guess that she is a trainee fresh out of welding school and welding flat mig in a shop at a shipyard. She will not post a picture because she is just flapping her wings trying to make an impression. By the way your post was right on target.

Wheelchair
                    Actually, Mr. Wheelchair, I've been in Mobile for less than a week and have several promising things already lined up. And I've graduated from an accredited welding and metal fab institution. I'm fresh, that's for sure, but not fresh out of school! Impression? On people I don't know?! Ha, I don't have to flap my "wings" to make an impression. I could care less what people think of me let alone try and make a good impression. I'm not scared to rock the boat. I'll be the first to sink this motha!!!

Suckas!!!

Jina

Comment

i'll bet the happiest day that your coworker ever had at work was the day he left you to go to work in the wax injection department.

Comment

Welder ***.

Male or female? Who cares? Just show me your beads.

Comment

I think everyone (but me) should have high-dollar art on their helmets, and should assume everyone else judges their entire personality and experience by those helmets.

That way my beat up white (reflects heat better than "art") pipeliner will be less likely to get stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by jina09 View Post
                            Actually, Mr. Wheelchair, I've been in Mobile for less than a week and have several promising things already lined up. And I've graduated from an accredited welding and metal fab institution. I'm fresh, that's for sure, but not fresh out of school! Impression? On people I don't know?! Ha, I don't have to flap my "wings" to make an impression. I could care less what people think of me let alone try and make a good impression. I'm not scared to rock the boat. I'll be the first to sink this motha!!!

Suckas!!!

Jina
                            I bet you are as pretty as your ugly personality.

Comment

Well I think this conversation has run it's course of usefulness to the forum. About time to close it up.
                              Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
                              Millermatic175
                              MillermaticPassport/Q300
                              HTP MIG200
                              PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
                              ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
                              DialarcHF, Radiator-1
                              Hypertherm PowerMax 380
                              Purox oxy/ace
                              Jackson EQC
                              -F350 CrewCab 4x4
                              -LoadNGo utility bed
                              -Bobcat 250NT
                              -PassportPlus/Q300
                              -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
                              -Suitcase8RC/Q400
                              -Suitcase12RC/Q300
                              -Smith oxy/propane
                              -Jackson EQC

Comment

chick welders are hot. Love to see um handle a torch with some skill.

Comment

Working...
                                X