X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Miller
    replied
    Potato Salad

You guys got the makings for a potato salad.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• sailor
    replied
    My grandfather use to do the same thing but subsituding a drill pickle for the potatoe.

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied
    this might sound crazy, but i was told by an ol;timer machinist that if you take your average cheapy drill bit, heat it up to red, then stick it in a potatoe, let it stay till cooled, will make it work wonders, some thing to do with the starch

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    Center cutting end mill might be a better option if it's an interrupted cut. Regular HSS should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• MR.57
    replied
    No drilling required - Ask a blacksmith to show you how to "slit and drift" a hole.

Leave a comment:

• nocheepgas
    replied
    Are we talking Horseshoes, as in the kind you throw in a game, or the kind a horse is shod with by a farrier?

Leave a comment:

• Sandy
    replied
    If you're drilling using the existing slotted nail holes I can see some potential for problems there .. Proceed slowly. Go very easy on the intitial feed with a larger bit and the feed for the entire distance with a small bit.

Leave a comment:

• Old Sporty
    replied
    I've drilled many horseshoes and have used both high speed steel bits and Ti coated ones with about equal success. The key is proper speed, pressure, and lube (I normally use cutting oil.)

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Cobalt Drill Bits !!!

Originally posted by bud_2005 View Post
    I tried to drill a couple holes through a horseshoe but I broke a couple bits. Which type of bit wouldn't break on me?
    Cobalt by far are the Best I've ever used !!!!!!!!!

........... Norm

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Standard Titanium, low speed drill press and cutting fluid.

Leave a comment:

• bud_2005
    started a topic Drill bit for horseshoes

Drill bit for horseshoes

I tried to drill a couple holes through a horseshoe but I broke a couple bits. Which type of bit wouldn't break on me?
Working...
X