No announcement yet.

scrap yard materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Harold and Evelyn's? The Dancing Sunshines? Probably both long gone. Haven't been back to AZ since '96. Couldn't believe the changes, some good some not so good.
    Last edited by Bob the Welder; 06-17-2010, 10:29 PM. Reason: Wrong year.
    Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Comment

Bob

I quit working down in the valley in '92 so don't spend much time in that area anymore. Never heard of Harold's and don't think hubby would like it if I hung out in girlie bars. Did you eat at Honey Bears BBQ ("you don't need no teeth to eat our meat") on Van Buren? It's still there and we'll make that trip every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Welder View Post
        What about Harold and Evelyn's? The Dancing Sunshines? Probably both long gone. Haven't been back to AZ since '96. Couldn't believe the changes, some good some not so good.
        I've lived here for 30 years, can't believe how everything's changed. Don't think the sandwich shop is still in bizz. When the "Light Rail Project" went through town lot's of "mom & pops" went away. In fact the light rail goes right in front of Davis Salvage. The aluminum yard's on the south, the steel, down the street, on the north. The waterin' hole is probably "Under New Management." 19th Ave or 19th St.? 19th Ave & McDowell/Grand Ave is down by the old Vet Coliseum (fairgrounds), 19th St is down in the "Hospital/Medical" district.

Cat: There's quite a few on the west side of town, Glendale Iron & Metal, Glendale Steel Supply, Valley Steel (in Peoria). I live in Peoria, so Valley Steel's right down the street.

Bob: Were you here when we were building "Bank One Ballpark?" (Now Chase Field). That was in '95-'97. The Cardinal's Stadium was a much better project, had MORE room to move the deck forms and material around.

Latest project is the "Sky Train" down at Sky Harbor Airport.

Dave
        Last edited by davedarragh; 06-19-2010, 03:56 PM.
        "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

By cat;

Never heard of Harold's and don't think hubby would like it if I hung out in girlie bars. Did you eat at Honey Bears BBQ ("you don't need no teeth to eat our meat") on Van Buren?
          Sorry, my bad! Never heard of Honey Bears, if I make it out again I'll try it out. Love good BBQ.

Dave, family and I moved back to IL in Oct. '89. Went out around Thanksgiving of '96 to visit relatives and did the El Tour de Tuscon. Couldn't believe all the changes, new freeways and all. When we moved to Mesa the population was around 98000 and around 300000 when we left. Been almost 21 years since we lived there. Kinda miss it. The Stack was the big thing as far as the freeways were concerned. Used to be easy to get around just about anywhere. Now I wouldn't even try to go anywhere with out my Garmin.
          Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Welder View Post
            By cat;

Sorry, my bad! Never heard of Honey Bears, if I make it out again I'll try it out. Love good BBQ.

Dave, family and I moved back to IL in Oct. '89. Went out around Thanksgiving of '96 to visit relatives and did the El Tour de Tuscon. Couldn't believe all the changes, new freeways and all. When we moved to Mesa the population was around 98000 and around 300000 when we left. Been almost 21 years since we lived there. Kinda miss it. The Stack was the big thing as far as the freeways were concerned. Used to be easy to get around just about anywhere. Now I wouldn't even try to go anywhere with out my Garmin.
            Yeah, Mesa is bigger than Pittsburg Tucson hasn't really changed, except they widened I-10 through town. There's one more link of outerbelt to complete around South Mountain/Laveen. Their negotiating with the Gila River Indian Community regarding R-O-W's. Next time you're out this way, look me up.

One thing hasn't changed, it's still over 75 miles across town, we can just get there faster now.

Dave
            Last edited by davedarragh; 06-18-2010, 05:32 PM.
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

This was a result of one of my better days at the yard:

Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Torchmate 2x2 CNC Plasma

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

Comment

Working...
              X