Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working union in 2010.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I dont mind doing rods, did it when I needed a paycheck. Good thing to learn.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dmk welding View Post
      Excuse me Reggie? Who are you and who are you to question me? Whats your trade big guy? Tell me something about yourself and the things you are honored to do or be a part of so I can sh*t on them...no wait...I'm a respectable guy that doesn't need to go onto an internet discussion board and try to knock others down.
      Sure I pay union dues...my wage is $8-20/hr more than any non union company in this province as well. All I supply is a lunch where working private I was expected to supply all my own hand tools, gloves, welding helmet and so on and so forth...I get a great health care package and a very good pension. I'd be lucky to get health benefits working for a private company. My sucess in welding is based on doing a good job, passing x rays, working hard, being courteous and respectful of others and helping out the new up and coming guys in the trade and has NOTHING to do with solely being a member of a union.
      Where's my freedom working for John Doe's welding shop? Are you for real Reggie? Do you have any idea about this industry or are you just ignorantly blowing smoke out your a$$?
      Where do you reside Reggie? I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada where my 1040 sq ft house built in 1968 cost me $280K in 2008...my mortgage is $1500/month and with bills and everything I need at least $3,200/month to survive as my wife stays at home to raise our son. You know nothing of my situation and why I should feel honored to join a union with such a great history as UA 179. My wifes grandfather and his brother have over 80 years combined working for this same union which they are now retired from....another reason for my pride and honor. You have no clue...but please continue to bash people on here who are just out trying to make a living for themselves and work hard doing a job that not everyone wants to do or can even come close to doing.
      I could go on making a whole bunch of assumptions about you and your life, but it would be a waste of my valuable time and I'll just leave the ignorant assumptions on these threads to know it alls like yourself.
      Good day...
      Who cares about the age and sq ft of your house,it's cost and mortgage payment.If you are unaware of private companies providing medical,dental and pensions you haven't been in this industry (or any other) for very long.Because your in-laws were in a union I am suppose to think that makes you or them some crackerjack welder.Anybody any good at any trade are usually the ones that maintain employment without a union being a safety net.As for your statement of now only having to provide your lunch rather than tools,shield,gloves etc pretty much sums up why the union praising is there.It's the same as people milking the welfare system.The unions give some the attitude that they are entitled to more for less.A tradesman complaining about having to provide his own tools(hand tools at that).Thanks for proving my point on the work ethic of union workers.Maybe at your next union meeting you and the rest should request that taxis pick you guys up at your homes and bring you to the jobsite so you don't have to burn your own gas.One taxi for each man,wouldn't want you to be crowded in a cab and have something to whine about.
      ''True genius,in many fields of human endeaver,is often revealed in elegant simplicity"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by reggie View Post
        As for your statement of now only having to provide your lunch etc pretty much sums up why the union praising is there. A tradesman complaining .Thanks for proving my point on the work ethic of union workers.
        Hey Reggie: I can do you one better. I get meal per diems on my trips, and company paid Best Western rooms. I've even got the one with the big screen TV and microwave. Think I'll watch the movie "HOFFA" tonight when I get there. Then I'll take my morning swim in the motel pool and workout in their gym. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, if only they had bell-hops to take my luggage up to my room.

        How's Archie and Veronica? Or, are you really Jug-Head?
        "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
          are you Jug-Head?
          Nailed it again Dave!

          What a tool!
          Caution!
          These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

          Comment


          • I heard some nonsense today, must have been spouted by Rush and the gang, how they couldn't get the oil spill cleaned up due to union involvement, blaming it for the oil mess, ha

            Comment


            • :d[quote=sonora iron;239381]nailed it again dave!

              What a tool![/q

              HaaaHaaaaaaa !!!!!!
              www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by reggie View Post
                .Anybody any good at any trade are usually the ones that maintain employment without a union being a safety net.
                That is true in some cases, but there are union boilermakers and pipefitter welders who are second to none in their skills.

                BTW, why do you hate unions so much? Must of wronged you in some way in the past???

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                  I heard some nonsense today, must have been spouted by Rush and the gang, how they couldn't get the oil spill cleaned up due to union involvement, blaming it for the oil mess, ha
                  They figured out how to stop that oil leak down the Gulf.Put a wedding ring on it and it stop putting out.
                  BB402D
                  TB300D
                  DIMENSION652
                  MM250X
                  MAXSTAR140
                  S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                  HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

                  Comment


                  • By reggie;

                    Anybody any good at any trade are usually the ones that maintain employment without a union being a safety net.As for your statement of now only having to provide your lunch rather than tools,shield,gloves etc pretty much sums up why the union praising is there.It's the same as people milking the welfare system.The unions give some the attitude that they are entitled to more for less.A tradesman complaining about having to provide his own tools(hand tools at that).Thanks for proving my point on the work ethic of union workers
                    Talking out your a$$ again, because your mouth knows better!
                    Last edited by Bob the Welder; 06-16-2010, 10:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
                    Flash me! I'm a welder.

                    American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

                    America is a Union

                    Comment


                    • [QUOTE=nfinch86;239386]:d
                      Originally posted by sonora iron View Post
                      nailed it again dave!

                      What a tool![/q

                      HaaaHaaaaaaa !!!!!!
                      Norm?? Didn't the Ironworkers pay you to leave?? Maybe when "Norms Mobile Welding" is big enough to work with,argue with,and keep a timeline with unions you will relate.Rather being on a told what to do level with a union...try it from a responsibity(GM,Foreman,PM)level.Your union praise may die a little...but I doubt you will have to worry of reaching that level in your trade.
                      ''True genius,in many fields of human endeaver,is often revealed in elegant simplicity"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by reggie View Post
                        Who cares about the age and sq ft of your house,it's cost and mortgage payment.If you are unaware of private companies providing medical,dental and pensions you haven't been in this industry (or any other) for very long.Because your in-laws were in a union I am suppose to think that makes you or them some crackerjack welder.Anybody any good at any trade are usually the ones that maintain employment without a union being a safety net.As for your statement of now only having to provide your lunch rather than tools,shield,gloves etc pretty much sums up why the union praising is there.It's the same as people milking the welfare system.The unions give some the attitude that they are entitled to more for less.A tradesman complaining about having to provide his own tools(hand tools at that).Thanks for proving my point on the work ethic of union workers.Maybe at your next union meeting you and the rest should request that taxis pick you guys up at your homes and bring you to the jobsite so you don't have to burn your own gas.One taxi for each man,wouldn't want you to be crowded in a cab and have something to whine about.
                        Oh Reggie...why can't we be friends??? I'm not even going to start explaining myself to you. Your idiotic statements just continue to prove your deep down jealousy of higher paid, better living union members. Were you turned down by a union in Riverdale Jug Head? Couldn't pass the bend test or what? You probably couldn't take the hi low outta a piece of bologna huh?
                        By the way...what does work ethic have to do with supplying your own tools or not? I've been in the trade 10 years Jug...been around...not near as long as some but I've seen all kinds of jobsites and shops....ask me any question and I'll answer it. How about you Jug Head? Are you even a welder? Come on now, whats the big secret here? For all you guys on here that have had the pleasure of knowing this guy on here, tell me what the deal is with this closet union lover since he can't seem to answer questions for himself.

                        Comment


                        • Well I was going to stay out of this goat roping until REGGIE brought up work ethics.
                          I have been a union member for a long time and both of my sons are union welders.
                          I am the office/ project manager for a union mechanical contractor. I have guys standing on blacktop in 95* temps welding steam lines 10hrs a day. I have another crew running cooling water lines within 50ft. of a aluminum furnace. This weekend we will be at a poultry plant working 12hr shifts while standing in chicken poop & guts running pipe.
                          Do they complain, no they produce. We are the only union contractor within a 70 mile radius. We have to out perform the nonunion companies to survive.
                          Yes we have some slugs, if you do not produce good work in a timely fashion, if you complain, if you cannot get along with fellow workers or show up on time I will run you off and I will call every superintent I know and tell him I ran you off so they will know your reputation and you will sit on the bench for a long time.
                          Yes when I send somone out of town I will pay for motel, meals and travel.
                          Yes my guys get paid well and they earn every penny of it.
                          As for you REGGIE, you are qualfied to pack water to my guys.

                          Comment


                          • Wow this Reggie douche sounds like a delusional right wing... Well let's just say it rhymes with "bunt" and refers to the female anatomy in a negative connotation. I am not now in nor have I ever been in a union, but I do have a considerable knowledge of history and a thorough understanding of what they have done to improve working conditions for EVERYONE in the country including that idiot. If he is too ignorant to read a book or get an education besides what he's fed on Fox news, well then he deserves whatever he gets. They say that ignorance is bliss, well this guy must be the most "blissful" character I've come across yet on this site. I've been reading this thread for a few days and the only thing I've really gotten out of it is that that dude is re-friggintarded (and I would apologize to the mentally challenged by the insult that this comparison might produce, at least they have a reason, this guy apparently chooses to be this way).
                            DYNASTY 200SD
                            COOLMATE 1
                            MM140AS
                            SPOOLMATE 100
                            SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
                            SPECTRUM 125C

                            Comment


                            • Been doing some research of my own and it appears that Reggie AKA Jughead is actually a fellow Canadian which I'm quite ashamed to say. I am sure that you, Reggie, will never be man enough to disclose where in this vast country of ours that you supervise welding Am I right? Ontario probably...but you'll never say for sure, right?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dmk welding View Post
                                Been doing some research of my own and it appears that Reggie AKA Jughead is actually a fellow Canadian which I'm quite ashamed to say. I am sure that you, Reggie, will never be man enough to disclose where in this vast country of ours that you supervise welding Am I right? Ontario probably...but you'll never say for sure, right?
                                Jughead lives in Toronto !!!!!
                                Or so he said last year ?

                                .......... Norm
                                www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X