UA 22 passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA 22 passed

I just found out I passed my UA 22 test. I've been waiting on x-ray results.
    UA 22 is carbon tig root/hot pass, 7018 stick out on sch 160 6 g. I have been going down to school for last 5 weeks,4-5 hrs. I'm pretty psyched. Hopefully it'll give me an edge for work. On a side note, the school switched to red machines last year. I've really never had any experience the them before. I can tell you that Miller is way better in my opinion. Their lift arch is much smoother. The power of Blue!

test passed

Congratulations! I'm sure it won't be the last one you will take or pass.
    Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

good job Puma, i hope to be getting my 21 soon..
      American By Birth, Union by Choice!

4th generation Pipefitters LU 537

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood
      Miller Elite Titanium 9400 Hood

Comment

thanks guys, i think i'm going for stainless tig next. DamageInc, good luck on 21. just relax (easier said than done).

Comment

i know.. i lost two weeks of practice because i dumped the M/C a few weekends ago. i'm ok and the bike is as well, but i was sore for a couple of weeks.. just gotta get back in there and get my caps back to where they were.

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood

Comment

Congratulation pumahvac, that is great achievement!

BUT!

Caution!
            These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

congrats on your cert puma, go for the 15, then 41. There getting quite a few tests now. There good to have under your belt, plus some locals will honor them. There's also certs for mig and fluxcore too.

Comment

Anyone know where i can fine a list of the UA tests? Congrats Puma, do you mind giving us a me more details on the way you ran the test? I'm working on my tig pipe root for my tech school test. Thanks and congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by angus31632 View Post
                  Anyone know where i can fine a list of the UA tests?
                  Like this one?

http://www.pftf597.org/weldcerts.html
                  Caution!
                  These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

http://uatravelers.com/UA-WeldCerts.html

Similar thing as above, but in color

Comment

it's hard to verbalize tecnique (like trying to tie your shoes). one thing that helped is that i taught myself to weld left handed (filler rod in right hand) to go from 6 oclock to 12 up the right side. i use right handed up the left(filler in my left). i did try free hand at first but i went to walking the cup. for tacks, an instructor told me to have more stick out w/tung. use #4 cup for root. i use #6 for hot pass. you just have to keep burning rods. it takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by pumahvac View Post
                        it's hard to verbalize tecnique (like trying to tie your shoes). one thing that helped is that i taught myself to weld left handed (filler rod in right hand) to go from 6 oclock to 12 up the right side. i use right handed up the left(filler in my left). i did try free hand at first but i went to walking the cup. for tacks, an instructor told me to have more stick out w/tung. use #4 cup for root. i use #6 for hot pass. you just have to keep burning rods. it takes time.
                        i thought the the 22 was tig root only? I know the atr's and contractors will look you out if they catch you doing more then one tig pass.. then again, its "if" they catch you

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood

Comment

my test was root and hot pass tig, stick out. i think the reason is so you don't burn through root w/stick. i did hot pass with about 120 amps.

Comment

ah.. our guys are more strict here.. i guess the assumption is that if u can one pass tig, and not burn through on the 7018 you know what your doing. I know a few guys that were looked out for more then one pass.. but like i said they gotta catch ya!

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood

Comment

ha ha ha. when you get your 21 maybe can can talk smak (just kidding)
                              we maybe heading out east for a vacation. not sure when. maybe we'll get together. we're heading to california next week. i found out an old buddy from high school has been a fitter in san fran for over 20 years. i'm going to try and look him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X