Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjohn76
    replied
    As G Man mentioned, it could be a lot of things. His issue was on the current feedback (shunt or HD current sensor), but it could be on the user control side.

Leave a comment:

• G-ManBart
    replied
    Originally posted by ambulance tech View Post
    I have a syncrowave 250 that does the same thing. I've read that the op amp is a likely culprit. Does anyone know how to determine which op amp on the board is the control for the remote?
    You are probably better starting a new thread since this is 12 years old, and about a different machine. If you do, you'll want to provide the serial number so folks will know which manual and diagrams to reference.

I had this happen with a Syncrowave 250 a while ago after cleaning the inside with compressed air...one of the wires that goes from the shunt to the filter fell off so there was no amperage control....all of nothing.

Leave a comment:

• ambulance tech
    replied
    I have a syncrowave 250 that does the same thing. I've read that the op amp is a likely culprit. Does anyone know how to determine which op amp on the board is the control for the remote?

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    You kinda have to know how to proper read a wiring diagram, how to do finite soldering and desoldering. If you haven't done it many times before, it is not a good idea to bother attempting it. Because you are asking for a part #, I'd guess this is the case.

Leave a comment:

• sculptor666
    replied
    is there a part # or is this something i can get from a place like mouser? thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• 70Chevelle
    replied
    The board in the machine.

Leave a comment:

• sculptor666
    replied
    the board in the machine or the pedal (i think there's one in the pedal?) thanks!

Leave a comment:

• 70Chevelle
    replied
    I just fixed the same problem with my Syncrowave 250....failed op-amp. Pedal works great now!

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Ran into this problem too many times, you likely have a failed opamp on the circuit board, not allowing the remote path to operate, thus you are stuck in local.

Leave a comment:

• sculptor666
    replied
    thanks for the replies, but it's not a panel setting. i took the pedal apart, nothing loose there.... took the left cover panel off of the welder, nothing loose there where the pedal cord screws in. sometimes, out of nowhere it starts acting like it should for a few minutes, then back to on/off. is there one wire in the pedal cord that would cause this to happen if it failed? or is it something in the panel?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Metal
    replied
    Originally posted by griff01 View Post
    Are you certain of your panel settings? Sounds like the machine is set to panel control.

Griff
    Yea sounds like a program setting, standard remote should be on for the petal.

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by sculptor666 View Post
    hey all,

i have a syncrowave 180 sd, six years old... as the title says, the pedal acts like an on/off button instead of amp control... just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem before. i'm working around it by turning the dial down after the work material heats up. no other problems with the machine... except having to replace the hf unit earlier this year... a few months after the warrantee ran out! thanks in advance!
    chris
    Are you certain of your panel settings? Sounds like the machine is set to panel control.

Griff

Leave a comment:

• TIG Pedal acts like on/off switch... no amp control

hey all,

i have a syncrowave 180 sd, six years old... as the title says, the pedal acts like an on/off button instead of amp control... just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem before. i'm working around it by turning the dial down after the work material heats up. no other problems with the machine... except having to replace the hf unit earlier this year... a few months after the warrantee ran out! thanks in advance!
    chris
Working...
X