miller helmet/sweat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller helmet/sweat

so today i started welding up that grate for my trench drain,, and while looking down at a weld my joker helmet crapped out, just stopped working all together.

i pulled the batts reinstalled them and it started flashing very fast,, and then just stopped...

called miller,, found out its out of warranty due to it being 4 years old, so i go online and start looking for a speedglass.

now,, its been 4 hours from the time it stopped,,, and i just picked it back up and its working fine now..

my theory is that while i was looking down and sweating profusely my sweat somehow got inside and shorted it out..

has anyone else ran into this sweat issue?

im thinking of sealing the unit up better with some type of clear
    Last edited by stugots; 05-24-2010, 06:34 PM.
    Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

I wrap normal paper towel around the front of the headband to deal with it then just chuck it when I am done or replace when soaked.

Comment

HAve you tried a new pair of batteries? Same thing happened to my old mans helmet, new batteries did the trick

Comment

the batteries were new,, the sweat got in where the batteries go into the unit,,, so i used wax to fill in the cracks, it has not happened since i fixed it,, as i do check the helmet from day to day,, but i got the new 9100xx the other week and love it!

i wrote a review about it here, http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=22020
        Anything you could do, I could do better.
        I can do anything better than you!
        Lockheed Martin
        Armco Steel, Baltimore
        USW local #3185

Comment

Working...
        X