Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversion 165

Anybody have one of these yet?

I would like a TIG and this looks like a good place to start.
    Nothing to do special, just wanted a TIG.

im about to buy one got a good quote and they had a demo unit in store from my 1.5 hours on it it layed down perfect AL beads on 1/16 with 5356 filler and 11 cfh argon have tryed steel on it but i have the synco 250dx for the heavy stuff
    Leblond Makino mills
    HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
    American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

Comment

Man I love mine. Bang vs buck makes this a great little TIG machine. Be warned that you won't do any more than 3/16" mild steel and chromoly or 1/8" ALU unless you have a lot of time as the duty cycle at the high end is not much.

Having said that I still bought one for portable work. I do lots of cylinder/head repairs on quads and snowmobiles, as well as heat exchangers and radiators. The Diversion is an awesome machine for that. We heave a Lincoln Precision TIG 375 at the shop which is great for the big stuff, but when a customer calls and says he has a broke down sled in his garage that he can't/doesn't want to load up and bring in, I tell him no problem. I just load my little Diversion onto the back of my truck and go to him. It's made me nothin but money.

If all you need to do is light sheet metal/repair work, buy one today
      Big Blue 400D
      Trailblazer 302
      Miller S-32 suitcase
      12VS suitcase
      Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
      Victor torches
      Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
      Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
      Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

Comment

great machine to start off with.... and keep! i tend to punish mine and it seems to love it. check out BR Weldings webiste for really good deals. sometimes they even have free shipping. i think they have the Diversion 165 for $1275.
        Miller Diversion 165
        Miller Millermatic 251
        Miller Trailblazer 302 Diesel
        Miller Spectrum 2050
        Miller Digital Elite Helmets
        Miller Generator/Stick Welder circa 1982

Hobart Beta-Mig 200
        Craftsman Stick Welder

Comment

Working...
        X