No announcement yet.

6G 6010 root help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they are all of the root, granted its from then inside of the pipe but she's def. the root.
    American By Birth, Union by Choice!

4th generation Pipefitters LU 537

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood
    Miller Elite Titanium 9400 Hood

Comment

Not trying to be critical, but go look at the pipe pic that Sonora posted, then look at your picture number two. There is little or no tie in, huge gaps, and a build up of weld bead that defies the word wagon tracks. Every root pass that I have done does not look like a whipped stringer bead, so I think you might be mistaken about the content of the photo.

Comment

Gotta agree with walker, the pics are a bit of a mind tease....wierd camera angle? What's with the hard lines.
        Last edited by OldSparks; 04-30-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSparks View Post
          Gotta agree with walker, the pics are a bit of a mind tease....wierd camera angle? What's with the hard lines.
          Hard lines? on the right side of the pic? if thats what you mean some of the pipe that we get in the apprentice school are machined beveled on both ends and counter bored. I think that is most likey the counter bore edge. and walker again, it is my root pass from the inside, with a cell phone cam.

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood

Comment

DamageInc537

Thanks for mentioning the counterbore, the pics had me baffled.

Comment

no prob.. sorry i wasnt clearer about that before, i honestly forgot that it was there.

SpeedGlass 9000x Hood

Comment

Working...
              X