X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wicked one
    • Feb 2007

Fowler Mainliner

Hey, does anyone know anything about the Fowler Mainliner Machine and parts from Hybriweld? What I'm mostly interested in is the 7 range selector and the arc force control. Thanks, Jef
  • Sonora Iron
    • Jul 2006

Tom's son post on the AWS forum in the SA-200 section all the time.

Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

• Black Wolf
      • May 2007

Slightly Off Topic, but there are 2 sites now to research:

This website is for sale! fowlerenginesllc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, fowlerenginesllc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Later,
      Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

• Sonora Iron
        • Jul 2006

I haven't read this thread (yet) but it may be of some interest to you.

Caution!
        These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

• Wicked one
          • Feb 2007

Thanks , guy's but I want to hear from guy's that know of or have used the Fowler Mainliner stuff. I talked to a fella in Arkansas who has the arc force and he said it completely changed the way his machine welded (for the better) Jef

Comment

• b-footn
            • Feb 2005

It seems to me that I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Miller has already provided a product with what you are after. The PIPEPRO 304. I've been using one for 10 years now. Now why is it that all the Lincoln fans are trying to get their machines to be adjustable like the Miller machine? There is nothing wrong with a Lincoln machine, I like them myself. The Fowler Mainliner is probably a nice machine, haven't used one myself, but you have to wonder about the reason he has modified the Lincoln to weld like the Miller. (hint: It is to keep the Lincoln fans happy).

Comment

• JTMcC
              • Feb 2004

I know of guys that have to change gears in the process of going thru bead/hp/fill/cap with the 7 range selector machines.
              That would be a real pain in a tie in situation me thinks. Or in a pipe rack or anywhere not close.

JTMcC
              Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

• sae350
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by b-footn View Post
                It seems to me that I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Miller has already provided a product with what you are after. The PIPEPRO 304. I've been using one for 10 years now. Now why is it that all the Lincoln fans are trying to get their machines to be adjustable like the Miller machine? There is nothing wrong with a Lincoln machine, I like them myself. The Fowler Mainliner is probably a nice machine, haven't used one myself, but you have to wonder about the reason he has modified the Lincoln to weld like the Miller. (hint: It is to keep the Lincoln fans happy).
                I would like to point out that all the lincoln machines that have chopper, have an adjustable arcforce to. The lincoln vantages have been around for about ten years to. And the fowler mainliner is based on an old sa-200. What did miller have in 1946-2000 that could even compare to an sa-200? NOTHING! So if your going to compare, atleast compare apples to apples.
                sigpic2007 dodge 3500 cummins

Comment

• b-footn
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by sae350 View Post
                  I would like to point out that all the lincoln machines that have chopper, have an adjustable arcforce to. The lincoln vantages have been around for about ten years to. And the fowler mainliner is based on an old sa-200. What did miller have in 1946-2000 that could even compare to an sa-200? NOTHING! So if your going to compare, atleast compare apples to apples.
                  I ran an SA 200 for about 20 years. I'm old school, but I am still able to keep up with the current technology without blind worship of the old ways.

(blue vs red is a never ending battle. I expect it in the field, but not on a MILLER based forum)
                  Last edited by b-footn; 04-25-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• b-footn
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
                    I know of guys that have to change gears in the process of going thru bead/hp/fill/cap with the 7 range selector machines.
                    That would be a real pain in a tie in situation me thinks. Or in a pipe rack or anywhere not close.

JTMcC
                    I had a welding partner in a fab yard with a Vantage machine. We would set up in the morning, and we used both machines interchangeably. It didn't really matter which machine or what size pipe, as both of our remotes could handle the difference without going back to the rig.

Comment

• JTMcC
                      • Feb 2004

I had a welding partner in a fab yard with a Vantage machine. We would set up in the morning, and we used both machines interchangeably. It didn't really matter which machine or what size pipe, as both of our remotes could handle the difference without going back to the rig.

I'm specifically replying to the question about the 7 range selector machines that Wicked one is asking about.
                      I won't go into Vantages vs. 200's vs. PipePros. They all work for some people.

JTMcC

Comment

• sae350
                        • Apr 2009

I ran an SA 200 for about 20 years. I'm old school, but I am still able to keep up with the current technology without blind worship of the old ways.

(blue vs red is a never ending battle. I expect it in the field, but not on a MILLER based forum)
                        I dont care if your old school or not. In your post you made it sound like miller sells the only product that has arc control. "It seems to me that I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Miller has already provided a product with what you are after. The PIPEPRO 304". I said that the lincoln vantage has an arcforce just like a pipepro does. The pipepro is twice the machine a sa200 is, an also about 10 grand more too. But the pipepro and vantage are very close in comparison.

( theres no never ending battle here, because I really dont care if one guy runs a miller and the other a lincoln. Whatever works for you.)
                        sigpic2007 dodge 3500 cummins

Comment

• b-footn
                          • Feb 2005

Only someone with a preference would've perceived my post to be all inclusive. I've got no problem with that. It is what it is in the end, welded pipe to please the inspector and codes.

Comment

• JTMcC
                            • Feb 2004

Now why is it that all the Lincoln fans are trying to get their machines to be adjustable like the Miller machine?

you have to wonder about the reason he has modified the Lincoln to weld like the Miller. (hint: It is to keep the Lincoln fans happy).

Just to add a bit of historical perspective, Mr. Fowler was putting 7 range selectors on old 200's before the PipePro was even a gleam in an engineers eye. And way before the Vantages or 200D/300D arrived on the scene of the crime.

So really at that point in time he was only trying to make some money giving the mainline welder more adjustability on the old machines (and it's really debatable that it's needed), the PipePro didn't even exist those days so it can't really be called an attempt at imitating a Miller.

JTMcC.

Comment

• Wicked one
                              • Feb 2007

I asked a simple question , not to start a fight. I had a Pipepro 304 and it was a piece of junk! A lemon so to speak. I bought a Pipeliner 200d 10 times the machine MY Pipepro was. That said the Pipeliner 200d that I own doesn't work as well as I would like it to. I am looking to enhance it's weldability. Even though my pipeliner 200d doesn't work as well as I want it to it does and will burn rod faster than a Pipepro 304. I just want to know if anyone has tried the Fowler parts I don't want a debate what color is better if that's what you want to do start your own post.

Comment

Working...
                              X