Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSFAB
    replied
    Yes, but, if you offer free shipping, low cost shipping, seamless transactions, any complications at all can mess up whatever profit is there. I don't know, I don't live in Canada, or Guam, I do know the more you sharpen your pencil, the more each transaction needs to be "standard".

To me, this sounds like a great opportunity, for anybody that takes the time to understand the import / export / shipping rules. And can handle the paperwork. Hint, hint, don't complain, make money off it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sailor
    replied
    Don't feel to bad Coburn, most companies won't ship to guam because they say we aren't u.s.a. News flash, Guam is a U.S. Territory with U.S. citizens that pay taxes and social security fees to the U.S. goverment. We also have a U.S. Postal Service.Sorry for the rant, We make custom covers and most people like the tight fit but personal I have the loose fit on my stuff, much nicer to take on and off.

Leave a comment:

• Coburn_Performance
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Not a tight fit, but hey, works just as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You sew 100% than I do! and pretty fast! You posted and sewed the first day!!!!!!!!!!!! btw, fun4now is in New York. Haven't seen him here for a long time.........
    bert
    Both have the cables installed...so they are tight enough with them off. I was thinking about putting magnets in the covers - then tought, I've got better things to do.

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    Great job
    You are a man of my own heart
    Problem solved...Forever!!! Time to move on to the next one
    Yup, move on - my rants usually end this way. My wife just rolls her eyes and stays out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Great job
    You are a man of my own heart
    Problem solved...Forever!!! Time to move on to the next one

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by Coburn_Performance View Post
    OK, this is one for the Miller Sales team trolling the board (feel free to chime in if you have opinions) - why is it that all the online dealers won't sell to Canada? I'm looking for welder covers for my TIG and MIG and they are 1/2 the price in the US compared to my LWS, but none of your US retailers will sell to Canada (I'm sure there is a market protection clause somewhere).

This really ticks me off - our dollars are at par and we are your largest trading partner. I'd like to buy the covers locally, but at $250 for the Synchrowave and $150 for the 252 it is a little expensive when I can pick both up for around $200 total. I'll sew my own if I have to, but I don't have endless hours to do such things.
    Checkout ToolKing.com or RamWeldingSupply.com .
    Griff

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Not a tight fit, but hey, works just as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You sew 100% than I do! and pretty fast! You posted and sewed the first day!!!!!!!!!!!! btw, fun4now is in New York. Haven't seen him here for a long time.........
    bert

Leave a comment:

• Coburn_Performance
    replied
    OK, so I broke out the sewing machine and whipped up two covers. Not winning any awards, but the total cost was $40...

For the 180SD

For the 252

Leave a comment:

• Coburn_Performance
    replied
    I've done the Sweetgrass trip...tires are so cheap in the US, but I don't have anything that I need right now and don't want to explain to the border people that I'm just cheap. For the past 2 years I've been on their search list (drove a car down one time without an interior, to pick up an interior that I had shipped. Seemed like a good idea at the time now I go to the garage just about every time I cross). I was just pissed that every on-line seller won't sell to Canadians. We're not on the moon or anything.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Yep, just send anything to the Montana shipping outlet in Sweetgrass, doesn't cost much at all to use thier address, think it was $20 bucks for the entire drive train for my chopper. then you simply pay the GST and off you go.

The only hassle is the getting back to Canada lineups.

Leave a comment:

• Icarus
    replied
    You could always just order stuff to a parcel service just over the border go and pick it up and clear customs yourself if you really want it.

Leave a comment:

• Coburn_Performance
    replied
    Thanks, I'll send him a note and see what's up.

Leave a comment:

• Desertrider33
    replied
    Check with member Fun4Now, he makes custom covers. I think he's in Canada too.

Leave a comment:

• Coburn_Performance
    started a topic Welder Covers - What Gives?

Welder Covers - What Gives?

OK, this is one for the Miller Sales team trolling the board (feel free to chime in if you have opinions) - why is it that all the online dealers won't sell to Canada? I'm looking for welder covers for my TIG and MIG and they are 1/2 the price in the US compared to my LWS, but none of your US retailers will sell to Canada (I'm sure there is a market protection clause somewhere).

This really ticks me off - our dollars are at par and we are your largest trading partner. I'd like to buy the covers locally, but at $250 for the Synchrowave and $150 for the 252 it is a little expensive when I can pick both up for around $200 total. I'll sew my own if I have to, but I don't have endless hours to do such things.
Working...
X