gas company test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas company test

I will be testing for this gas company in my area here recently. Anyone know what kind of test they will be giving. Any input will be appreciated

Originally posted by iran8gold View Post
    I will be testing for this gas company in my area here recently. Anyone know what kind of test they will be giving. Any input will be appreciated
    who's the gas company? I work out by Pampa and Borger every once and a while. Usually for Conoco.

Most likely be a 12'' bellhole (5G) and a 12 on 12 branch test (saddle). 6010 bead and 8010 out.

Or a 12'' butt weld on a 45 (6G). 6010/8010

Both of those are kind of standard tests, but depending on the gas company it could be anything they want to dream up.

They also might give a sleeve test which is usually 12'' pipe thats split into and wraped around another peice of 12'', like a re-pad. this is uaually welded with lo-hy and the center or mainline pipe will be capped and have water running thru it.

I have taken tests on everything from 2'' to 24'' butt welds and branch tests from 12 on 12 to 3 on 6 45-degree laterals. So its any bodies guess what they'll give you. Good luck
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Comment

its for eagle rock energy

Comment

Ours is a 12" butt, one 6010 all out, another 6010 root and hot pass, 7018 fill and cap. Also a 12 " branch tee, same specs, The branch is an overhead.
        Miller Syncrowave 200
        Homemade Water Cooler
        130XP MIG
        Spectrum 375
        60 year old Logan Lathe
        Select Machine and Tool Mill
        More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Originally posted by iran8gold View Post
          Call em and ask. They know.

JTMcC.
          Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

High Wind Advisory

Hey John: Got some nasty weather headed your way by this time tomorrow
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Yea, mostly sunny and highs in the 70's. It's rough.
              But the wind is possed to really pick up late in the day, 50 mph +.

I'm more concerned about Thursday, I've got two guys (including me) flying into Supai and it's supposed to be snowing/raining. Hopefully not because we have a lot of work we need to get done.

JTMcC.

Comment

Be carefull, that part of Coconino Plateau gets mighty windy. What you got going on up there?

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                  Be carefull, that part of Coconino Plateau gets mighty windy. What you got going on up there?

It blows like a big dog at the hilltop and on the flight in, and the flights (technically ; ))stop when the wind hits 60 knots so if you're not carefull you can catch a flight in , but not catch a flight out
                  Fog/rain/snow can shut down the transportation as well.
                  You have to be prepared to survive when you work in the Grand Canyon. Mother nature takes it's own path and doesn't take heed of my schedule
                  We've got several small repair jobs to do in the village.
                  Better haul in some emergency gear just in case

JTMcC.

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post

A couple of years ago I flew in in the worst wind I've ever seen up there and we were getting beat half to death on the ride in. Two ladies in the helicopter with me were screaming and the third lady had her eyes closed and was praying loudly.
                    I thought I'd lighten the tense mood in the cabin so I yelled "at least nobody is shooting at us!".

The ladies didn't quite grasp the humor. And after giving me about 5 seconds of the "blank stare", went back to screaming and praying

JTMcC.

Comment

Beautiful Country

It's beautiful up there, though, the falls (Havasu) and all. Yep, helicopter is the ONLY way in there. They still deliver the US Mail via mule!

I just checked the TAF (Terminal Air Forecasts), as I know your pilot will.

I've been avoiding most of winter's weather, got caught up in the first blizzard in Pinetop, but been running down in your old stomping grounds Feb and March. Got ugly a couple of times up Mule Mountain, but nothing like the Rim.

Take care, let us know you when make it back.
                      Last edited by davedarragh; 03-30-2010, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Right, it's some of the most beautifull scenery on earth especially the big falls/pool. In my opinion.

JTMcC.

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
                          Call em and ask. They know.

JTMcC.
                          I believe we all use this method of inquiry nationwide, lol. (No gas company is the same).

Comment

Working...
                          X