Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kcstott
    replied
    Or the little wire the powers the coil side or the mag has rusted off.

I found an old out board with that problem, Cheep fix and motor still runs.

Leave a comment:

• Harvuskong
    replied
    http://www.tecumsehpower.com/

I strongly suggest that you stock up on carb and ignition parts for your Tecumseh engine if that is the correct engine type on the machine.

I was told that Tecumseh has ceased engine manufacturing about a couple of years ago.

The man that told me has been involved in the small engine dealership business in Abilene for many years. His family's business has been in the business since the 1960s.

Leave a comment:

• Jim-TX
    replied
    What Bob said.

From what I have been told by a small engine mechanic, small engines get their "fire" to the spark plug from a magneto. On the inside of the flywheel there are some magnets. If those magnets are rusty they don't generate the current needed. The mechanic told me that pulling the flywheel and cleaning the inside with sandpaper will nearly always cure the problem of no fire.

I am just repeating what was told to me but it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    One thing for sure is any lawn mower shop can fix the engine...Bob

Leave a comment:

• RicManSr
    started a topic I've got a couple of questions as a new Owner

I've got a couple of questions as a new Owner

I recently found a Miller Bluestar 2E AC/DC welder at a garage sale. It looked like it had been sitting for at least a year, or two without being used. According to the owners manual I downloaded from Miller, the manual says it's an April 1986 Bluestar 2E AC/DC machine. The serial number is JG082607. The model number on the Tucumpson (sp) Sorry, I don't know how to spell it. The serial number on the engine is:
    OH16 170136D Ser6162E

The problem I'm having is that the engine wont get fire to the plug. I've got a brand new battery, cables. The engine turns over, but the plug won't fire. Is there some fuse, or relay that could go bad to keep it from firing? I'd appreciate any and all help on trying to fix this issue. I'm looking foward to running this neat little welder.

Are there any troble shooting issues I should look for or try?

Thanks again for all of your help.
    Ricky
Working...
X