Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c wagner
    replied
    The first thread is here: http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=21210

So now you know the beginning of the story.

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    t1.....

Never had much of a cracking probelm with t1, only when welding say a 1inch cutting edge to the edge of a bucket which was 1/4 or 3/8. I hightly doubt the entire trailer is made of t1, maybe the beams, but the crossmembers are likely mild steel.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Any time I have dealt with T1, I used 11018 with preheat and slow cool. No problems ever.

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    I think it was determined in another thread that he is dealing with T-1.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    Your talking about a lowboy 50 ton trailer, right? Do the crossmembers slide through the main rails or are they just welded to it? Can you call the manufacturer, maybe a dealer or is it to old or unidentifiable.
    Last edited by MMW; 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Evidentally we are coming into this a bit late

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Me neither. 500 trailers and just used 7014 or 70S6 and a Miller mig...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I guess I never really thought about it, always welded cross members in with 7018, never had one come loose or frame crack around it, never bothered to pre-heat either. Maybe just been lucky?

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    started a topic Calling Blackwolf!!!!!!

Calling Blackwolf!!!!!!

My customer finally got the trailer to my shop today,starting cutting out bent crossmembers etc.,What temperature did you preheat to and did you postheat? I have a roll of Pinacle, ER90S-B3 hard wire on hand I mite try that out on one crossmember and let it cool down and see if it cracks out past the weld zone,if it does I prbaly go with 110,000 stick and cross my fingers. Thanks for the info!
Working...
X