Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shade tree welder
    replied
    I meant some type of high tensile steel ,sorry about that. Ilooked on the loadking trailer website states 100,000/80,000 ksi steel
    Last edited by shade tree welder; 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    Originally posted by shade tree welder View Post
    This is probably t-100 steel
    I checked my charts, unless I over looked it, I cannot find “T-100”! Is this some type of T-1 that I’m not familiar with?

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    replied
    Actually i missed all the fun,they had the trailer at their shop this mourning. One of the mechanics said everybody (law&railroad people)was on the scene .Good part no other vehicles were involved, the driver was shook up a bit from the sudden stop ,couple cuts on the head from the steering wheel and fortunately it was around 7:00 a.m. in the mourning hardly no traffic on sunday mourning.

Leave a comment:

• Railmen
    replied
    Originally posted by shade tree welder View Post
    One of my customers called this mourning,their heavy haul truck took out part of a rail road crossing! Truck loaded with a cat345 trackhoe,boom laid down in between the main center beams of the trailer,well when he caught the track doing 30 mph it stopped the truck almost in its tracks.Well the backhoe slid forward on the trailer ended up on top of 5th wheel,never slid off,but the boom took out 5 crossmembers between the main beams.Need to replace the bent crossmembers,This is probably t-100 steel the main beams
    I'm thinking cut out old ones ,preheat main beams and weld back new rectangle tubing 6x12x 1/4 wall back in with 7018. Anybody out there have any experience with these heavy haul trailers?
    Pictures would be great...........

Railmen

Leave a comment:

• Jim-TX
    replied
    I can't tell you how to fix it but I'd like to see a pic or two of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• shade tree welder
    started a topic Heavy Haul Trailer

Heavy Haul Trailer

One of my customers called this mourning,their heavy haul truck took out part of a rail road crossing! Truck loaded with a cat345 trackhoe,boom laid down in between the main center beams of the trailer,well when he caught the track doing 30 mph it stopped the truck almost in its tracks.Well the backhoe slid forward on the trailer ended up on top of 5th wheel,never slid off,but the boom took out 5 crossmembers between the main beams.Need to replace the bent crossmembers,This is probably t-100 steel the main beams
    I'm thinking cut out old ones ,preheat main beams and weld back new rectangle tubing 6x12x 1/4 wall back in with 7018. Anybody out there have any experience with these heavy haul trailers?
Working...
X