miller 211 & 212 difference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller 211 & 212 difference ?

guys, other than size of machine, i see that the millermatic 211 & 212 units both have 3/8 capabilities. what would be any other differences in those units ?
    im looking into getting a mig unit soon for around the house, and some possible frame welding work on my old truck, and the $700.00 difference caught my eye for the 211.
    in other words, all things equal on 3/8 thick material, would you trust the 211 unit weld as much as from a 212 ?
    thanks
    Syncrowave® 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

The main difference, as it was explained to me by my LWS sales droid... The 212 gets a larger transformer and therefore, a higher duty cycle. I don't know if that's true or not...
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by bretsk2500 View Post
      The main difference, as it was explained to me by my LWS sales droid... The 212 gets a larger transformer and therefore, a higher duty cycle. I don't know if that's true or not...
      That and about a hundred and twenty pounds.If you dont plan on taking the thing around TO jobs,get the 212.
      Frank
      Millermatic 252
      Millermatic 180
      Dynasty 200DX
      Hobart spoolmate 3035
      Digital Elite

Comment

Originally posted by FABMAN View Post
        guys, other than size of machine, i see that the millermatic 211 & 212 units both have 3/8 capabilities. what would be any other differences in those units ?
        im looking into getting a mig unit soon for around the house, and some possible frame welding work on my old truck, and the $700.00 difference caught my eye for the 211.
        in other words, all things equal on 3/8 thick material, would you trust the 211 unit weld as much as from a 212 ?
        thanks
        Go to the RESOURCES tab at the top of this web page and pull up the manuals for each machine.

Griff

Comment

Yes, the 212 has about double the duty cycle.

212 has gun on demand and its a direct connect for either a 30A or 200. Internally it also has dual drive rolls (211 is single).

The 211 lists 110V input as an option.

So big time portability vs. slightly better capability
          Con Fuse!
          Miller Dynasty 350
          Millermatic 350P
          -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
          Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
          Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

The 211 is a very good dual-voltage portable machine. If you need that type of machine, the 211 can't be beat, especially for the price.

The 212 is a good shop machine with higher duty cycle, 12" wire spool capacity, heavier duty wire drive mechanism, better gun and included rolling chassis and bottle rack. The 212 is the better choice for a shop-only machine running 220v power.
            Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
            Millermatic175
            MillermaticPassport/Q300
            HTP MIG200
            PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
            ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
            DialarcHF, Radiator-1
            Hypertherm PowerMax 380
            Purox oxy/ace
            Jackson EQC
            -F350 CrewCab 4x4
            -LoadNGo utility bed
            -Bobcat 250NT
            -PassportPlus/Q300
            -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
            -Suitcase8RC/Q400
            -Suitcase12RC/Q300
            -Smith oxy/propane
            -Jackson EQC

Comment

Exactly. The reason to get the 211 is portability. It's compact, pretty light, and you can plug it in to either 110v or 220v, sepending on what's available.

If you're only working in your shop, and you've got 220v there, the 212 is probably the better choice.
              Jack Olsen
              The Garage(And its slideshow)
              The Car(And its slideshow)

Comment

The 212 also accomodates the larger roll that a lot of quality wires only come into,like Dualshields and so on....
                Millermatic 252
                Millermatic 180
                Dynasty 200DX
                Hobart spoolmate 3035
                Digital Elite

Comment

wow guys, thanks for the info.... i am now more undecided, LOL.
                  i guess since it wont be a real production unit, and the portability factor, i will lean toward the 211. and the 700 dollar difference helps also.
                  now i will save my money..
                  thanks a ton for all the input.
                  Syncrowave® 200
                  Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
                  Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

Working...
                  X