Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight

Just got home from HF picked up my free flash light and a 17” Mini Magnetic Sweeper, ran it across the driveway OMG works GREAT
    Fab Tech

I have never bought anything from HF is ther stuff good or do you have to watch them

Comment

I watch them IMO, the stuff I get from them is oddball tools you might only use once or tools that cost to much for me to afford for the limited amount I use it. For example, I just got a tubing roller from there. Before I ever used it, I went to the bolt store and got a handful of washers and shimmed it up to get the wobble out and it works rather well, $30 tubing notcher?... was binding out of the box, took it completely apart and reassembled lining everything up as I went, works great. Basically if it is a definite money making depend on it everyday tool, I get quality. For playing around with occasionally, I'll get stuff from them.
      "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Comment

Those magnetic sweepers are great...until you have to clean them off. Use one a lot around here though.

Recently made first trip to HF store and bought a few things. It's pretty much all Chinese stuff...some good Chinese stuff, some bad. I doubt I'd ever buy anything from there that had to hold an edge like drill bits or blades and such. I wouldn't buy anything over the internet sight unseen either. But they seem ok for non-essential tools.

Al
        Miller Dialarc 250 HF
        Lincoln Classic 300D
        AutoCAD 2010...Paper Is Cheaper Than Metal
        Hypertherm Powermax 45
        Milwaukee & Hilti Power Tools
        John Deere Equipment
        Paints and Quarterhorses
        Billy Cook Roping Saddle
        Billy Cook Reining Saddle
        Our YouTube Channel

Comment

They have something’s. 90 deg magnets are good; you’re not walking in there to buy quality. I did buy a impact hammer ½” drive from them 5 yrs ago beat the h&ll out of it got my monies worth
          Last edited by FabTech; 03-11-2010, 06:24 PM.
          Fab Tech

Comment

Recall Notices

something to look for

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...taf?pageid=184
            Fab Tech

Comment

I like to stroll thru there every now and then. Picked up some rubber air hose on sale last time.

Comment

They have the kind of tools you only need once or twice. That said they have excellent customer service and will replace any defective or broken tool they sell.

Comment

Yep exactly how I look at it.

I got a compression gauge from them once. I was testing a small 2hp honda outboard. I kept getting like 35 psi(couple years ago) and started troubleshooting. I probably spent like 5 hours on this head and a few bucks trying to get the psi up. Then I's talking to my brother and he mentioned he had a matco or a snap-on tester- he worked on motorcycles. I placed that baby on there and I got like 105 or something! Man I was pissed.

I've bought a lot of tools from there and agree with everyone's description of there quality. It's good for simple stuff like the helping hands.

edit: I just remembered something, cuz of someones sig. I bought a auto dark lens a few years ago for $50 bucks on sale. It's been sitting at the house for like 2 years now. I got layed off a few weeks ago and started puttering around with it. Man I'm impressed! My foremen bought us some of the miller elite series hoods. I figured the HF wouldn't work for tigging thin stuff but it did. My miller needs a battery and I'll probably let is set.
                  Just thought I'd mention it.
                  Last edited by treflip; 03-11-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

So far with their warranty it is good really good. I took back 2 of their auto center punchs I broke and they swapped them out no question. A guy at work said he broke a socket and went to trade it in and they give him a complete set in return, said that is what matched the number of the tool he brought, and they didn't break sets?
                    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinPRanch View Post
                      Those magnetic sweepers are great...until you have to clean them off. Use one a lot around here though.

Recently made first trip to HF store and bought a few things. It's pretty much all Chinese stuff...some good Chinese stuff, some bad. I doubt I'd ever buy anything from there that had to hold an edge like drill bits or blades and such. I wouldn't buy anything over the internet sight unseen either. But they seem ok for non-essential tools.

Al
                      Put a trash bag over the magnet head. You can then pull off the big stuff by hand and the filings will come off with the bag.

Griff

Comment

Great idea Griff! Gotta try that.

Al
                        Miller Dialarc 250 HF
                        Lincoln Classic 300D
                        AutoCAD 2010...Paper Is Cheaper Than Metal
                        Hypertherm Powermax 45
                        Milwaukee & Hilti Power Tools
                        John Deere Equipment
                        Paints and Quarterhorses
                        Billy Cook Roping Saddle
                        Billy Cook Reining Saddle
                        Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
                          Put a trash bag over the magnet head. You can then pull off the big stuff by hand and the filings will come off with the bag.

Griff
                          That's a great idea. I'll put that on my "bag use" list.....just under ugly women
                          Nick
                          Miller 252 Mig
                          Miller Cricket XL
                          Millermatic 150 Mig
                          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                          2-O/A outfits
                          Jet Lathe and Mill
                          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                          Propane Forge
                          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

A good rule of thumb for Harbor Freight purchases. If it has more than one moving part, you are best to not have to rely to heavily on a tool from them.

Comment

“Attention All”
                              HF parking lot sale March 25th

2HP 14” Heavy Duty Cut-Off Saw
                              High performance 15 amp motor
                              $64.99

Heavy Duty 4 ½” Angle Grinder
                              $19.99

Dam I just spent a $100 on Milwaukee grinder. Ah man
                              Fab Tech

Comment

Working...
                              X