Replacement Gauge Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Gauge Glass

The flow gauge on my regulator is missing the plastic "glass" cover. It is a screw-on type. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement? I've looked around a bunch of welding sites but can't find a source. Maybe I'm not searching for the right item? I believe it's 2.25" diameter. Thanks.
    "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Millermatic 135
    Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Deep Cut Band
    Fully charged fire extinguisher

Originally posted by Matt_in_Brooklyn View Post
    The flow gauge on my regulator is missing the plastic "glass" cover. It is a screw-on type. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement? I've looked around a bunch of welding sites but can't find a source. Maybe I'm not searching for the right item? I believe it's 2.25" diameter. Thanks.
    I order mine from Praxair . Mine Plastic !

......... Norm
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey Matt,
      The easiest thing to do is simply take the gauge outer rim off, lay it on a welding hood lens plastic cover, trace the outline & after cutting, dress it off on a fine grit belt sander. I've made several that way over the years.

Denny
      * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
      * Mobile unit *
      * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
      * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
      * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
      * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Comment

Even easier. The local welding supply place has a Victor sponsored trade-in program. Buy a victor regulator and get $x off. Well, the trade in regulators are all sitting in a big box - if you ask nicely they might let you dig through and find a piece of glass that fits.

Also, if you have your regulator rebuilt, they typically replace the glass if its scratched up etc. (but you do pay for it).
        Con Fuse!
        Miller Dynasty 350
        Millermatic 350P
        -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
        Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
        Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
          Hey Matt,
          The easiest thing to do is simply take the gauge outer rim off, lay it on a welding hood lens plastic cover, trace the outline & after cutting, dress it off on a fine grit belt sander. I've made several that way over the years.

Denny
          Nice tip. .

Comment

Working...
          X