Mobile Welding Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Welding Truck

Seen this for sale & for some reason it really caught my eye & definately cant argue about the price. Dont laugh. Let me know what you guys think.
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Spoolmate 100
    Milwaukee 4 1/2" Angle Grinder
    Milwaukee Sawzall
    Miller Elite Inferno Hood
    Miller Diversion 180
    Miller Digital Elite Vintage Hood
    Miller Camo Digital Elite Hood

It's only got 2 rust holes. One on each fender at the bottom in front of the door. A little TLC & some paint & she's good to go.
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Spoolmate 100
    Milwaukee Sawzall
    Miller Diversion 180

Comment

Originally posted by J C View Post
      Seen this for sale & for some reason it really caught my eye & definately cant argue about the price. Dont laugh. Let me know what you guys think.
      Does the sign say $5.00 ?
      It would be a fun project for the Spring , Summer !

.......... Norm
      www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Weld truck

What IS the price. I can't seem to blow this picture up big enough to figure it out.
        Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

I say if you got what it takes DO IT! It may just get you noticed.
          In biz that is key....just don't go with the Beverly Hillbillies look

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

International with a Bulldog

Originally posted by J C View Post
            Guy's got a Mack Bulldog on the fender

Seriously, looks like a '72 or '73. Int'l made excellent trucks, actually very overbuilt. See how it runs. It probably has a 345 V-8, possibly a 392 V-8 with a 4 or 5 speed. They are getting harder to find engine parts for, especially the 392 (it was made famous in school buses and dump trucks). Odd engine, timed it on #8 cyl.

There are some Int'l clubs and forums that can help you out, and being in Ohio, they are more popular there than out here in Az.

Dave
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Don't feel embarressed about asking!! Lot of guys here with mobile rigs with REALLY old trucks like that! They did the bodywork and whatever needed fixing and they look AWSOME! I agree with the others, if you got what it takes to do all the repairs, it would look CHERRY!!!
              I'm not late...
              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Your right....

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                Guy's got a Mack Bulldog on the fender

Seriously, looks like a '72 or '73. Int'l made excellent trucks, actually very overbuilt. See how it runs. It probably has a 345 V-8, possibly a 392 V-8 with a 4 or 5 speed. They are getting harder to find engine parts for, especially the 392 (it was made famous in school buses and dump trucks). Odd engine, timed it on #8 cyl.

There are some Int'l clubs and forums that can help you out, and being in Ohio, they are more popular there than out here in Az.

Dave
                Engine parts are getting harder to find! All the more reason to swap in a cummins powertrain or a chevy drive train. For the right price that truck would make an excellant advertisement for the business but keep in mind suspension components, brakes, etc will be harder to get, and that a simple breakdown could be a few days to repair. Oh they ride like tanks too! Also thoose internationals sucked fuel down, dont expect anything more than 5-7 mpg. However thoose trucks are becoming quie collectable, and that truck would look perfect with a lincoln short hood on it!
                Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                Ln25
                Miller spectrum 625
                Miller 30a spoolgun
                Wc115a
                Lincoln 210mp
                F550 imt service truck

Comment

It is an International. Dont know what the bull dog is there for. The price is not listed on the sign but I spoke to the old man for about 2 minutes & it's automatic with a V-8. Dont know the size of motor yet but he said it's listed on the title as 3/4 ton but has all 1 ton suspension. The interior is actually in very nice shape & he wants $800 but said if someone had $500 in hand he probably wouldnt turn it down & it comes with extra sheetmetal parts & an extra rear end too. I would just paint it the way it is right now but put whatever name I come up with on the side.
                  Miller Trailblazer 302
                  Miller Passport Plus
                  Miller Spoolmate 100
                  Milwaukee Sawzall
                  Miller Diversion 180

Comment

If it runs half decent , I'd take it for $500. !
                    Spare rear end + extra sheet metal, fairly solid body !

A paint job, maybe some new tires, would be a good Spring , Summer Project.
                    I'd be there tomorrow with $500.

............. Norm
                    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

I really like it. It seems to me if it was cleaned up just a bit it would make an excellent rolling billboard. Just seems to me if it was done right it would give the impression of old school craftsmanship and quality. And you sure enough don't see an international pickup going down the road every day.

With the flatbed it doesn't look it would take much to get it ready to work.

And for 800 bucks it'd be worth it just to drive it home.

Al
                      Miller Dialarc 250 HF
                      Lincoln Classic 300D
                      AutoCAD 2010...Paper Is Cheaper Than Metal
                      Hypertherm Powermax 45
                      Milwaukee & Hilti Power Tools
                      John Deere Equipment
                      Paints and Quarterhorses
                      Billy Cook Roping Saddle
                      Billy Cook Reining Saddle
                      Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinPRanch View Post
                        I really like it. It seems to me if it was cleaned up just a bit it would make an excellent rolling billboard. Just seems to me if it was done right it would give the impression of old school craftsmanship and quality. And you sure enough don't see an international pickup going down the road every day.

With the flatbed it doesn't look it would take much to get it ready to work.

And for 800 bucks it'd be worth it just to drive it home.

Al
                        I agree. I've always loved the old trucks.

When I see a contractor pull up in an old truck, I know the money I pay is going to the job, not to truck payments. So far this un-scientific approach has always worked for me when evaluating a prospective contractor. The guy in the 90's Econoline always gives a better price than the guy in the new Sprinter. There is also the impression that you've been in business longer than you have.
                        "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Millermatic 135
                        Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Saw
                        Milwaukee Deep Cut Band
                        Fully charged fire extinguisher

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_Brooklyn View Post
                          I agree. I've always loved the old trucks.

When I see a contractor pull up in an old truck, I know the money I pay is going to the job, not to truck payments. So far this un-scientific approach has always worked for me when evaluating a prospective contractor. The guy in the 90's Econoline always gives a better price than the guy in the new Sprinter. There is also the impression that you've been in business longer than you have.
                          I'm just curious, I'm really thinking of going on my own soon here.
                          And taking my 2009, 3500 Duramax extended cab long box and almost paid for, and putting a deck on wouldn't be a very good idea because people would prefer to hire somebody else with an older truck
                          I should go and spend some more money and buy an older truck.
                          No offence but word of mouth works better to decide if a welder will do a good job or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            I'm just curious, I'm really thinking of going on my own soon here.
                            And taking my 2009, 3500 Duramax extended cab long box and almost paid for, and putting a deck on wouldn't be a very good idea because people would prefer to hire somebody else with an older truck
                            I should go and spend some more money and buy an older truck.
                            No offence but word of mouth works better to decide if a welder will do a good job or not.
                            I really hope your truck isn't a SRW... you've burned up a LOT of your GVWR on the dmax and extended cab. It might be different with the current gen of trucks, but in the last gen, you wouldn't even be able to hang a plow off the front of an XCLB due to the Dmx's weight....

I honestly don't think it matters too much unless EVERY thing on your truck is brand spanking new and you're not a company that been around a while.

There used to be a guy who lived in town with a 69-72 GMC with an ancient Hobart on the back.... I love the look of those trucks...
                            Bobcat 225NT
                            Cutmaster 52
                            Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                            Caterpillar TH63
                            '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

What do you mean by SRW and burning GVRW

Comment

Working...
                              X