Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wont idel down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wont idel down

    i have a 225 bobcat 16hp onan that wont idel down i have changed the idel board on it and still the same has any one had the same problem?

  • #2
    Your going to have to trace the idle system via a wiring diagram locted in the service part of this site. Your likely not getting the 12 Vdc off your on/off switch to run your idle module, have some other issue thats taking power, or your idle solinoid is damaged.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      Your going to have to trace the idle system via a wiring diagram locted in the service part of this site. Your likely not getting the 12 Vdc off your on/off switch to run your idle module, have some other issue thats taking power, or your idle solinoid is damaged.


      thats my next step im switching out soilenoid tue just ordered it today

      Comment


      • #4
        Why order it, just disconnect the wire going to it and apply 12 Vdc to that wire. If it pulls in, it works. If not get a new one. No point in guessing and replacing parts you don't need to.

        What you want to do is test for 12Vdc at the module "B". When the front switch is in idle mode. Bet ya there is no 12Vdc there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Why order it, just disconnect the wire going to it and apply 12 Vdc to that wire. If it pulls in, it works. If not get a new one. No point in guessing and replacing parts you don't need to.

          What you want to do is test for 12Vdc at the module "B". When the front switch is in idle mode. Bet ya there is no 12Vdc there.
          you lost me there lol..

          Comment


          • #6
            Well its an old onan engine, so the idle solinoid sits on the engine shroud, 1 wire is looped to the chassis, likely on the mounting cover for the solinoid, with the other going to the idle module. Power to that idle module comes off the "turtle\rabbit" low idle switch. So if you have the switch set in this mode, check for 12Vdc at the solinoid with a meter that can check DC voltage. It should be there 30 seconds after starting the engine. If its there then yes your idle solinoid is bad (also check he pin on the end of the idle shaft, this pin often breaks or unlodges itself from the throttle).

            Now if there is no 12Vdc there, you'll have to find your idle module, and check for battery voltage going to the pin on this module marked "B" with the engine running in idle mode. Likely there is power, so the module is bad.

            Got it...

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks cruizer i went ahead and took it in to a shop and hes telling me it a motor problem / maybe carb any idea?

              Comment


              • #8
                Very unlikely, this tells me who ever you took it too knows very little about Miller welders.

                Comment


                • #9
                  wow realy well i dont know much but i went ahead and changed the idel board and the solenoid those two parts that we talked about any how i changed those and still nothing the solenoid is pulling in but its not ideling down the carb so now what

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It goes power (12VDC) from the switch to the idle board to the solinoid.

                    Now the idle board isn't an idle board persay, more of a module, thus I don't think you changed it.

                    And I told you what to look for and you didn't so you never actually found the root cause, would have been so simple.

                    Up to you now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jessem,

                      First off, the only thing a 'poke-n-hope' troubleshooting method of just start out changing parts will do is waste your money. It may eventually solve your problem but in the meantime you'll likely wind up spending more than you need to.

                      If in fact the idle solenoid is "pulling in" (after approximately 15 seconds in Auto Idle mode) as you've stated, there's no need to look at the electrical portion of the system any further so a couple other mechanical possibilities come to mind.

                      1) Is the low idle adjustment screw adjusted in too far preventing the carb throttle lever from moving to the 2200rpm (+/-100rpm) low speed position?

                      2) If your carb throttle lever has two holes as some do, is the governor link in the furthest hole away from the idler solenoid?

                      3) Is the idler solenoid properly adjusted for lowe idle speed positon on the engine fan shroud?

                      Do you have the proper manual for your unit to review the throttle adjustment procedure? If not, go to the 'Resources' drop-down menu above, click on 'Owners Manual & Parts Lists', enter your unit SN, highlight 'Bobcat 225G' and click 'Search'.

                      Any chance you can post a photo or two of the carb, linkage and idler solenoid as they are currently arranged?
                      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
                      Syncrowave 180 SD
                      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
                      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
                      *HF-251D-1
                      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                      PakMaster 100XL
                      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
                      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                        jessem,

                        First off, the only thing a 'poke-n-hope' troubleshooting method of just start out changing parts will do is waste your money. It may eventually solve your problem but in the meantime you'll likely wind up spending more than you need to.

                        If in fact the idle solenoid is "pulling in" (after approximately 15 seconds in Auto Idle mode) as you've stated, there's no need to look at the electrical portion of the system any further so a couple other mechanical possibilities come to mind.

                        1) Is the low idle adjustment screw adjusted in too far preventing the carb throttle lever from moving to the 2200rpm (+/-100rpm) low speed position?

                        2) If your carb throttle lever has two holes as some do, is the governor link in the furthest hole away from the idler solenoid?

                        3) Is the idler solenoid properly adjusted for lowe idle speed positon on the engine fan shroud?

                        Do you have the proper manual for your unit to review the throttle adjustment procedure? If not, go to the 'Resources' drop-down menu above, click on 'Owners Manual & Parts Lists', enter your unit SN, highlight 'Bobcat 225G' and click 'Search'.

                        Any chance you can post a photo or two of the carb, linkage and idler solenoid as they are currently arranged?

                        ill do that today

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          here are some pictures
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            more pictures
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm wearing 1.5 magnifeying glasses and I can barely make out your extra small pictures. All I want to know if there is DC power between idle module "B" and the chassis, engine running, switch set to run/idle. Think I've mentioned that before though. That tells me quite a bit

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X