Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plasma problems

1st i want to say hey wass up

ive got a miller 375 sepctrum plasma cutter ive had it around 2 years its been awesome ,i fired it up yesterday and the cut was all over the shop i thought it was the tip ,it was spitting back between the tip cover and the handle ,so i thought it was the tip that wasnt good put a new cup and tip in it today and now it wont arc when you hitt the trigger ,it still pumps the air but no arc i took the new tip out and it looks like its arcing between the tip and where the tip sits ,i took the electrode out that the tip sits on and cleaned it up as it had signs of arcing but it still doesnt work ,theres no lights on the front of the machine lighting ,any1 had a similar problem or has any tips for me to try ,could it be in the handle area or furthur back to the machine any help would be appreciated before i take it to the welding store to be repaired

thanks in advance yall

Here. You can have these and use them as you see fit. I have extras.
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIII """"""""""""' '''''''''''''''''''''' ?????????????? ..................
    I won't give you any commas. You seem to have plenty.
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
      IIIIIIIIIIIIIII """"""""""""' '''''''''''''''''''''' ?????????????? ..................
      Nick
      That was helpful,,,, NOT.

Griff

Comment

Not if they're not used. You have some extra commas yourself
        Nick
        Miller 252 Mig
        Miller Cricket XL
        Millermatic 150 Mig
        2-O/A outfits
        Jet Lathe and Mill
        Propane Forge

Comment

i had the same problem 2 weeks after i got my 375. brought it to the shop and miller replaced the handle. from what i can remember, miller said it was just a bad handle, but the service tech said it was common to see that problem after water or condensation was run through the air line. i put one of the water seperators in the air line (that miller sells) and haven't had problems since.
          F450 crewcab flatbed
          Miller Bobcat 250
          Miller 8VS suitcase
          Millermatic 251
          Millermatic 180
          Miller Spectrum 375
          Miller Econotig & 150 STH
          Enough snap-on tools to prevent my future kids from going to college

Comment

Nick
            thank you for being so helpful obviously you dont know the answer so please keep the smart *** comments to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerMetalworks View Post
              i had the same problem 2 weeks after i got my 375. brought it to the shop and miller replaced the handle. from what i can remember, miller said it was just a bad handle, but the service tech said it was common to see that problem after water or condensation was run through the air line. i put one of the water seperators in the air line (that miller sells) and haven't had problems since.
              thank you if thats the case il take it to the shop tommorrow and see what they say ,i did have a problem a while ago with my water seperator so that may be the case ,i took the handle apart and it all looked fine

Comment

Originally posted by rjcustoms View Post
                thank you for being so helpful obviously you dont know the answer so please keep the smart *** comments to yourself
                Did you take it as a smart *** comment?
                Nick
                Miller 252 Mig
                Miller Cricket XL
                Millermatic 150 Mig
                2-O/A outfits
                Jet Lathe and Mill
                Propane Forge

Comment

Did you take it as a smart *** comment?
                  yes i was asking a question about a problem with my plasma cutter and all you could come up with was punctuation ,so if it wasnt a smart *** reply what was it because i took your advice and guess what ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,the plasma cutter still doesnt work ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?//,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

is that better

Comment

I was having the same problem on my spectrum 650, what I ended up doing was sanding the fenalluck type material which put more contact pressure between the tip and the power source, no more problems.

Comment

yes i was asking a question about a problem with my plasma cutter and all you could come up with was punctuation ,so if it wasnt a smart *** reply what was it because i took your advice and guess what ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,the plasma cutter still doesnt work ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?//,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

is that better
                      I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had a problem with your plasma cutter. I thought you were testing your keyboard and was offering help.
                      Nick
                      Miller 252 Mig
                      Miller Cricket XL
                      Millermatic 150 Mig
                      2-O/A outfits
                      Jet Lathe and Mill
                      Propane Forge

Comment

The In..tard..net is full of people with high post counts and big mouths. The rest of us must not know anything because we don't sit around and play desk jockey all day. Anyway, Miller can't seem to figure out how to design a gun worth a crap so put a Thermal Dyne gun on it and never look back. (and yes it can be done)

Comment

is that better
                          Monte can only come up with smart *** comments because he has no talent other than, (there is a comma for you Monte) well, smart *** comments.

Griff

Comment

Not if they're not used. You have some extra commas yourself
                            They were just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griff

Comment

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had a problem with your plasma cutter. I thought you were testing your keyboard and was offering help.
                              A problem with his " plasma cutter " was the reason for his post!

Griff

Comment

Working...
                              X