X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popspipes
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin View Post
    im fighting this idea of getting old, years back when i used my mm200 mig (for steel), i would replace the #10 lens with an 11, now i am having trouble with the 10 lens being too dark, the 10 is ok if i weld in the high range,but most of my work is in the low range, i will buy some lighter lenses, any one else have this happen to them or do i have an isolated case. as usual, thanks for your time kevin
    Yup!

I had a pair of 4.0 reading glasses made special, they work really well now, I also use a shade 9 and am thinking of getting a newer auto dark with at least an 8 for the low current work.

I can remember the day when I used to melt the cover plates from getting too close on small tig work.............that doesnt happen anymore either..

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied
    thanks for your replys, im in good company,

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
    Years ago, I used mostly #11, I am now down to #9, for some of the lower amp tig stuff I probably need a #8 now.
    How about some before and after pics of the welds,

Leave a comment:

• JSFAB
    replied
    All joking aside, all electronic lenses, and all fixed shade lenses, will give you 100% IR and UV protection. The shade number only refers to the visible light spectrum, this you pick according to your own sight, what shade you need to see what you are doing, without overwhelming yourself with too much light. Years ago, I used mostly #11, I am now down to #9, for some of the lower amp tig stuff I probably need a #8 now.

Leave a comment:

• JSFAB
    replied
    I'm looking at a fax right now, promises me a longer and thicker "member".... more staying power,,,,, guaranteed more satisfaction to my wife. Just gotta take one pill per day. You gotta dedicated fax???? Amazing, how many simple problems can be solved, just call 1-800-xxx-xxxx.

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    How about some before and after pics of the welds, Sonora!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JSFAB
    replied
    How about some before and after pics of the welds, Sonora!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    I did some research on the Internet, and talked to some people having the same problem. The general opinion is, it’s a vitamin deficiency. There are dietary supplements on the market that can help. The main ingredient to look for is “Lutein”! Make sure the Lutein is pure, not mixed with something. I started taking a brand named “I-caps” but switched to Wal-Mart’s brand “equate” “Vision Formula”. Cheaper and more milligrams of Lutein. Only been doing this for two to three months, and I think it is starting to help!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie_486
    replied
    I'm currently using a 9 shade for most everything and going to have to go to an 8 on the lower amp stuff. I'm going to have to think about replacing my Big Window Elite with an Optrel Satelite since my Big Window won't go below 9 shade and the Satelite will go down to 5 shade.

The 78 year old man who owns the shop I am the foreman of is currently using an 8 shade and looking for a 7 shade for low amp work.

No you're not alone on this issue. I used to use a 12 or 13 shade when I was in my late teens and early 20's for 1/8" 7018 work.

I'll be 54 in about 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• Bob the Welder
    replied
    55 today and I use shade 9 on my Nex-Gen more and more often.

Leave a comment:

• oldmachinenut
    replied
    On the low amp stuff I have already gone down to #8 and had to take off the bi-focals, can't seem to get the right angle for the distance i'm welding at.

Leave a comment:

• Sonora Iron
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin View Post
    any one else have this happen to them or do i have an isolated case.
    Yes sir, right there with you!

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    started a topic another eye ?

another eye ?

im fighting this idea of getting old, years back when i used my mm200 mig (for steel), i would replace the #10 lens with an 11, now i am having trouble with the 10 lens being too dark, the 10 is ok if i weld in the high range,but most of my work is in the low range, i will buy some lighter lenses, any one else have this happen to them or do i have an isolated case. as usual, thanks for your time kevin
Working...
X