X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornerstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
    If I was you being a fellow Dodge owner I would buy a new tank and lines. Now before everyone jumps on my back about spending money in a recession , I fuelled up at a card lock once and their tank was on the empty side. To make a long expensive story short the dealership said they would clean the tank and lines and it would be good as new and surprise surprise it wasn't . I had trouble with it for a year, and guess what the dealership blamed my problem's on bad fuel again. So when you rely on your truck to make a living in my personal opinion replacement is the only option. So Cornerstone, I would just bite the bullet and replace it. And I would start putting work place label's on stuff!! Just kidding. I would replace it though. Jef
    Yes those people at Dodge were thinking hard when they put a windshield washer reservoir in the engine compartment.Remove upper rad hose, battery disconnect, battery removal and much tugging and pushing. But a good friend came by to lend a hand and that was a world of difference. Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    I know I know,WHMIS if anything, did teach me to use Identifier Labels in which case I've failed. But here's the good news. Took apart alot of stuff to remove the washer fluid reservoir( two of us, one pulling on top and me pushing from the bottom) flushed several times with Dawn dish soap, hot water and of course,Spray Nine. I never used the washer fluid when I made the oil mistake, so's there's a very good chance there's no oil in the pump or lines. And because the weather has warmed, all this was done comfortably outside on the driveway. Thanks guys for all the suggestions and if you were all closer geographically, coffee's on me. Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked one
    replied
    Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
    Alot of guys confessing goof-ups here.
    If I was you being a fellow Dodge owner I would buy a new tank and lines. Now before everyone jumps on my back about spending money in a recession , I fuelled up at a card lock once and their tank was on the empty side. To make a long expensive story short the dealership said they would clean the tank and lines and it would be good as new and surprise surprise it wasn't . I had trouble with it for a year, and guess what the dealership blamed my problem's on bad fuel again. So when you rely on your truck to make a living in my personal opinion replacement is the only option. So Cornerstone, I would just bite the bullet and replace it. And I would start putting work place label's on stuff!! Just kidding. I would replace it though. Jef

Leave a comment:

• fjk
    replied
    i was in portugal several years ago
    they still sold gas+oil mix for 2-stroke engines.
    but i didn't know that
    so when the rental car was saying 'feed me'
    i pull up and put the cheapest stuff the gas station has into the tank
    which is the, drum roll please, you guessed it, that gas+oil

i can attest that regular engines really really really do not like
    gas/oil

the rental company said 'no problem, it happens all the time'

not that thios has anything to do with cleaning oil out of the winshield
    washer reservoir

frank

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Yep, Me too !

.............. Norm

Leave a comment:

• bretsk2500
    replied
    Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
    When I was in my Teens, I put Tranny fluid in the Brake Reservoir
    long time ago !

............ Norm
    my dad put engine oil in the brake reservoir a couple years ago... He ended up replacing almost the entire braking system...

Leave a comment:

• nfinch86
    replied
    Goof Ups

When I was in my Teens, I put Tranny fluid in the Brake Reservoir
    long time ago !

............ Norm

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
    How does that song go "Well he use to be a pretty nice feller, but now, he's a welder" LOL
    Thought it went,"Well he used to be a pretty feller, but now he's a nice welder" lol

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    Alot of guys confessing goof-ups here.

Leave a comment:

• Leons2003
    replied
    How does that song go "Well he use to be a pretty nice feller, but now, he's a welder" LOL
    LMAO, more like the song "I was a big man yesterday, but boy you should see me now".
    Which reminds me of a stunt I pulled, recently I was preparing my chainsaw for a project, proceeded to fill the oil reservoir w/the chain oil, noticed it took quiet a bit of oil, the reason.... was the fuel tank. Some days it just doesn't pay to chew through the restraints.
    Have a good day all
    L*S

Leave a comment:

• Rig Hand
    replied
    Oh, you just gotta be a welder!

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    Cutting torch, Duh!

Oh, you just got demoted from Parade mechanic.
    Oh, you just gotta be a welder!

Leave a comment:

• Rig Hand
    replied
    Its not a welding related problem but it did happen on my welding rig. Went to fill up the windshield washer reservoir and quickly grabbed the right container but forgot that I had used it recently to hold some extra motor oil.(long story) So before I could say,"Way to go stupid", I had poured oil into the windshield reservoir. I've tried pulling the reservoir out but its a Dodge and its in there good. So, any suggestions? Is there a product that will break down the remaining oil film after I drain it?
    Cutting torch, Duh!

Oh, you just got demoted from Parade mechanic.

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    Originally posted by captkipp View Post
    Dish soap should work great. Also a product that's on most supermarket shelves the we use to use in the oxygen and diving business called "Simple Green" will do the trick. ZEP company makes a great degreaser as well. Try takin off the feed hose to the pump to avoid getting oil up in the pump. But if there was water in the reservoir then the oil will sit on top of this water and you should be able to extract it from the tank. There is a paper towel type of material we commonly call "diapers" that are specifically made to suck up the oil and leave the water. They also use these for oil spills and associated clean up. You can get them at NAPA and other auto stores. Good luck. This should go pretty well I think. Unlike me who dumped about 17 gallons of 91 octane into a diesel tank one day....
    Seen that Zep stuff at home Depot so if Dawn doesn't work it'll be good to know. Pretty sure you're not the first guy to put gas in a diesel tank, but not too many would talk publicly. I'm sure that was a bigger fix than what I have on my hands. Thanks captain.

Leave a comment:

• captkipp
    replied
    Dish soap should work great. Also a product that's on most supermarket shelves the we use to use in the oxygen and diving business called "Simple Green" will do the trick. ZEP company makes a great degreaser as well. Try takin off the feed hose to the pump to avoid getting oil up in the pump. But if there was water in the reservoir then the oil will sit on top of this water and you should be able to extract it from the tank. There is a paper towel type of material we commonly call "diapers" that are specifically made to suck up the oil and leave the water. They also use these for oil spills and associated clean up. You can get them at NAPA and other auto stores. Good luck. This should go pretty well I think. Unlike me who dumped about 17 gallons of 91 octane into a diesel tank one day....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X