Motor oil & Windshield water don't mix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was in portugal several years ago
    they still sold gas+oil mix for 2-stroke engines.
    but i didn't know that
    so when the rental car was saying 'feed me'
    i pull up and put the cheapest stuff the gas station has into the tank
    which is the, drum roll please, you guessed it, that gas+oil

i can attest that regular engines really really really do not like
    gas/oil

the rental company said 'no problem, it happens all the time'

not that thios has anything to do with cleaning oil out of the winshield
    washer reservoir

frank

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
      Alot of guys confessing goof-ups here.
      If I was you being a fellow Dodge owner I would buy a new tank and lines. Now before everyone jumps on my back about spending money in a recession , I fuelled up at a card lock once and their tank was on the empty side. To make a long expensive story short the dealership said they would clean the tank and lines and it would be good as new and surprise surprise it wasn't . I had trouble with it for a year, and guess what the dealership blamed my problem's on bad fuel again. So when you rely on your truck to make a living in my personal opinion replacement is the only option. So Cornerstone, I would just bite the bullet and replace it. And I would start putting work place label's on stuff!! Just kidding. I would replace it though. Jef

Comment

I know I know,WHMIS if anything, did teach me to use Identifier Labels in which case I've failed. But here's the good news. Took apart alot of stuff to remove the washer fluid reservoir( two of us, one pulling on top and me pushing from the bottom) flushed several times with Dawn dish soap, hot water and of course,Spray Nine. I never used the washer fluid when I made the oil mistake, so's there's a very good chance there's no oil in the pump or lines. And because the weather has warmed, all this was done comfortably outside on the driveway. Thanks guys for all the suggestions and if you were all closer geographically, coffee's on me. Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
          If I was you being a fellow Dodge owner I would buy a new tank and lines. Now before everyone jumps on my back about spending money in a recession , I fuelled up at a card lock once and their tank was on the empty side. To make a long expensive story short the dealership said they would clean the tank and lines and it would be good as new and surprise surprise it wasn't . I had trouble with it for a year, and guess what the dealership blamed my problem's on bad fuel again. So when you rely on your truck to make a living in my personal opinion replacement is the only option. So Cornerstone, I would just bite the bullet and replace it. And I would start putting work place label's on stuff!! Just kidding. I would replace it though. Jef
          Yes those people at Dodge were thinking hard when they put a windshield washer reservoir in the engine compartment.Remove upper rad hose, battery disconnect, battery removal and much tugging and pushing. But a good friend came by to lend a hand and that was a world of difference. Bob.

Comment

Working...
          X