Hobart battery welder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart battery welder.

I saw this item earlier on in the month and was wondering when the "Elite welders in the forum" would pass comments on it's rather important standing in todays new tools. Since Miller is owned by Hobart, I would expect to see a Miller model out soon, look at this..........................

Originally posted by jmpgino View Post
    I saw this item earlier on in the month and was wondering when the "Elite welders in the forum" would pass comments on it's rather important standing in todays new tools. Since Miller is owned by Hobart, I would expect to see a Miller model out soon, look at this..........................

http://hobartwelders.com/products/ba...wered/trek180/
    Hobart and Miller are sister companies both owned by ITW...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Not a new concept...But very cool!!!!

Guys
      while a very cool item, it is not a new concept... I believe that Century had a unit that ran off of 2 car batteries about 15 years ago... and I was shown the trick about 35years ago..(by someone who had used it for a while) using a Hobart feeder that was purchased used.. Batteries make the best and purest DC... and thus excellent arc characteristics.... it is awfully nice to see this concept in such a compact and well integrated package.. and using the latest battery technology.. what was old is new again!!!
      thanks
      Heiti

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Lincoln Electric was making motors for electric cars in 1898.

Things are new when we forget they've already been done. Maybe in 10 years, Sears will be peddling a blade with two handles that planes wood as you pull it toward you and it will be called the "Z-Smoother" or something like that. Could be as big as the twin cutter.

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
        Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
        "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
        "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
        "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Comment

Working...
        X