Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas leak down in Dyansty

Hi -

I got a new Dynasty 200 DX, and if I turn off the argon gas at the tank, the regulator / flow meter will slowly leak down over night to zero.

Is it supposed to do this, or should it maintain the pressure? I'm trying to determine whether I should un-hook all the hoses looking for a leak.

Thanks
    Jon

That's pretty typical. That's why you always turn off the bottle.

Now if it's happening quickly, like in a matter of a couple minutes, you should be checking for leaks.
    www.facebook.com/browndogwelding

Blog at TheFabricator.com

www.browndogwelding.com

Comment

Mine does this also and I found a small leak where the regulator screws onto the argon tank.

Take some dish washing liquid mixed with water, turn on the tank and spray the area. You'll probably see some bubbles around the threads. Check other connections also.

I sit down on the regulator nut a little more and almost stopped it completely.

Take jdustu advice also.

Comment

My Dynasty will leak down overnight as well, I think its possibly the bottle itself, once its shutoff the pressure is on the seal that is on the valve stem. The valve isnt backseated anymore and can leak the pressure off the system if it leaks slightly.
        mike sr

Comment

Thanks guys. All good advice. I'll try the soapy water idea as well.

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X