Dynasty 250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 250?

Anyone heard of a rumor going around about Miller working on a Dynasty 250 DX portable machine? Supposedly it would be the same size as the 200 but with a bit more power. I for one would sure like to see and have one if this is true!
    Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

I love my Dynasty 200dx but I'd buy a Dynasty 250 if it didn't weigh much more. The only reason I'd take one is for the upper end amps on aluminum. Imo dynasty's are hard to beat.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Comment

Dynasty 250 DX?

You hit the nail on the aluminum head! Anodized is my life. And remote anodized is my nightmare! A tuna tower with a crack, 30 feet in the air and 200 yards from the nearest tig machine that's on the back of my truck. "yea, I can fix it!?" I wonder if we could get an air cooled torch to handle the amperage capability? Hummm?
      Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

I welded up an aluminum chevy head with my 200dx and a 100 amp air cooled torch. I let it cool apropriately between welds, it never got that hot really, but this was on a bridge between cylinders, 1/2" deep by 1 1/4" long, I dont see how the engine was still running.
        I have a 200 amp air cooled but didnt wast to change out the connector for this one small job.
        Probably not the smartest thing but it did work......

Merry Christmas all.....
        mike sr

Comment

Air cooler torch

Does any mfg actually make an air cooled torch that's capable of amperages over 200? All of my torches are water cooled and I'm not that familiar with the air cooled side of the tig house.
          Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

Chevy head repair

Mile SR:

I'm impressed about this repair. I really didn't know the 200 had that kind of %$#^&! I've used one for some anodized repairs and found it was a bit lite in the seat for that work. which is why I was so hopefull that Miller really does have plans for a 250 amp version!
            Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by captkipp View Post
              You hit the nail on the aluminum head! Anodized is my life. And remote anodized is my nightmare! A tuna tower with a crack, 30 feet in the air and 200 yards from the nearest tig machine that's on the back of my truck. "yea, I can fix it!?" I wonder if we could get an air cooled torch to handle the amperage capability? Hummm?
              I had some 250 amp rated air cooled torches I got off ebay some time ago.

They were made by Binzel. Quite doable.

I'll have to dig for the seller, they had a ton of them & the price was very right. Brand new for like $60-$80 a piece. 25' long.

Been a good year, maybe more tho. Ebay makes it impossible to research completed auctions now.
              So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Comment

Captkipp,

This is a subject that was discussed in detail about a year ago here on the boards. My personal correspondence with Andy seemed to indicate that a 250/275A Dynasty may be somewhere in the future. At the time he indicated that it wouldn't be in the "near future" but, there again, that was about a year ago.

I think Miller realizes that there's a big gap (200--350A) in their inverter tig lineup. Much moreso than with the transformer machines (Sync 200, 250, 350). What was being pushed by some users of the Dynasty 200, was a 250/275A machine with features more akin to the Dynasty 200 than the Dynasty 350.

You, me, Fusion King, and I'm sure several others, who are bump welding anodized aluminum would be in line, I'm sure, for such a machine. I love my Dynasty 200, but, as mentioned, it's a little light in the pants for serious bump welding anodized. Wouldn't matter to me that it needed to be 240V only. Feeding that juice to it would be a lot easier than hauling my Sync 250 around the yard with the forklift. That scene, in itself, has "turned a few heads".

So far the Dynasty has been up to all the SS work I've thrown at it. Even let me handle a big rail job at the owners dock a while back. Wouldn't have been possible with only the Sync.

If you feel strongly about a 250/275 machine, you may want to drop Andy a line telling him why you feel like you do.

PS The gap between the machines became even more pronounced when Miller discontinued the Dynasty 300 a few years back and went to the 350. Price gap, as you can imagine, also widened.
                Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200 DX
                Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                Hobart HH187
                Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                More grinders than hands

Comment

250 dx

Hey Sundown:

Good to hear from you Happy Holidays!

I will drop andy a note. A while back when I had a TB 302 issue, I dropped a bug in the ears at Miller HQ about this. But didn't get a hint from the guys there that anything maybe coming down the road. Although we can hope, the 2010 product guide is on the street and it isn't in there for sure. Darnitall!
                  Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by captkipp View Post
                    Mile SR:

I'm impressed about this repair. I really didn't know the 200 had that kind of %$#^&! I've used one for some anodized repairs and found it was a bit lite in the seat for that work. which is why I was so hopefull that Miller really does have plans for a 250 amp version!
                    The bridge area between cylinders takes less heat, It did tax the machines abilities a bit but got the job done.
                    I had a nice post going and my internet connection is bad the last few days and I lost it,\.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas
                    mike sr

Comment

Working...
                    X