Baby or welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby or welder?

Hey guys! I just had a guy come by the shop trying to sell me a Pulstar 450 with a feeder. He bought it at a farm auction, got it home and figured out that someone had put a 220 plug on it but it is a 3 phase machine. He brought it to me wanting to sell it just to get his money back. My wife just gave birth to our baby girl a week ago and with that and this dang ol' recession going on, I couldn't afford to let even $250 go! I brought it in and hooked it up and it welded like a dream! I will probably be kicking myself in the hiney for awhile over it. It might have been old but sometimes old is good.

Yeah, bummer when deals like that come along & you're tapped.

Been there many times in the last couple years man. Cannot even begin to say how many deals on stuff I have seen come along, but couldn't grab up. Making the house payment alone has been tough this year & we don't have much debt either.

If you had a prospective buyer to turn it for some quick cash, I would consider perhaps a small signature loan at your local bank. Depending what kind of feeder & age of the 450, the right buyer could give over a grand for it.

Seen them go for more, but those days are gone as of right now.

What kind of feeder on it?
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Comment

That Pulstar is not a good reliable machine. It breaks, your hooped in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by bellamachinery View Post
        My wife just gave birth to our baby girl
        I have no advice about the welder, but
        Congratulations on the girl.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          That Pulstar is not a good reliable machine. It breaks, your hooped in other words.
          Haven't had much experience with them. What's the usual issues?
          So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Comment

I know the feeling too. I had a handicapped kid 22 years ago and even with working 2 full time jobs there was no money. Saw lots of great deals go by. But the Dr's and drug compaines were happy floating around the world with my money ...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Guess I'm glad I past up on it. Cruiser has never lead me wrong.

Comment

The most important thing is.... You got a new baby girl! Congrats....

Comment

baby

congrats on your daughter, our 3rd daughter was born thanksgiving day.
                  Matt

Syncrowave 200
                  Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                  Victor O/A
                  Smithy Midas 1220 Lathe- Mill
                  Bandsaw- 20 yr old Harbor Freight type
                  Speedglas

Comment

Thanks guys! This is my first and the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. She was born a month early but that doesn't seem to have any negative affects on her. I will be glad when I stop checking to make sure that she is still breathing every 5 minutes though. That makes for a very long night.

Comment

Originally posted by bellamachinery View Post
                      Thanks guys! This is my first and the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. She was born a month early but that doesn't seem to have any negative affects on her. I will be glad when I stop checking to make sure that she is still breathing every 5 minutes though. That makes for a very long night.
                      When our baby girl was born I was always doing that. It gets very upsetting after a while. You slowly start straying away from it, I think I did it for around 6 months. Then sleep pretty much took over.
                      Congrats, they are a blessing.

Comment

Hey! I never congratulated you on the new baby!

DUH! Having a real week here!

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the baby. on the other hand that welder was proble like some deals I have had befor. looks good works good but a year from now load on back of the truck and haul to the dump.

Comment

Welder v. Baby Girl

Many times I've looked back and wondered if I should have had the baby girl.
                            I always seemed to choose the welder.

Congratulations on you baby girl! The welder will wait.
                            Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

Working...
                            X