No announcement yet.

Heads up Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sberry you are correct. BUT the issue at hand is the inconstancies that he has posted. Nearly in the same breath he said he has never welded a test plate. then on another thread was giving advice from his personal experience on a CWB test?????
    We are not that dumb, We notice thing and mentally keep track of who said what and when this happens???? well it understandable that someone with experience gets a little POed at someone that sounds like they are talking out their arse
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Welder View Post
      I second that!
      I third it.

Comment

I just dont take it that seriously, one of the great things about forums is that things get sorted out eventually. I have rushed to post 2 cents worth that were not always totally accurate especially if taken out of some context. Not always perfectly thought out and often being very general usually directed at the poster and not to every pro in the world. We need a bit of live and let live here especially if not inheriently dangerous and have a bit of fun. If we want boring and uptight we can go to electrician forums,,, hahahahahahahaha
        I have my own ideas about who is usually full of crap but usually let others figure it out for themselves as long as its not giving advice about welding on a live fuel tank or things of that nature.

Comment

I was lead to believe this is strictly entertainment.
          Some are just funnier than others!
          Caution!
          These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Is Everyone Feeling Better Now

Gentlemen, Hello;

Well I Hope We are all felling better Now !

First : As to weather I've Ever held a Valid CWB. Certification - the answer is YES !!
            It seems something I posted last May was misinterpreted. C Wagner said
            " I have never known anyone that went for either Test without doing at least One Test Coupon First " End Quote :

I Misunderstood him to mean before you run your " Weld Test Plates" you could run a Practice ( Test ) Plate First !! A case of one not typing what was in one's mind !! Which Lead to the Idea I've Never run a CWB. Welding test .
            Which is Absurd How could I be CWB Certified & Never had as CWB Test !

As to reggie, You Are a Complete Idiot, That Looks for Trouble Anywhere , Any time !

If you are having such trouble with Me, My Complete Address is on My Web Site. You are only Two hours away by car or truck, or in your case on your Tricycle !!

I Welcome All Comers be it on the Internet or in person !!

Have a Good Day Folks, Bring it on , I'm All Ears !!

........... Norm :
            www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Norm,

Not trying to start another "flame war" here, but I think you're way out of line calling another member an "idiot". Many of us have the same feelings about you, but we don't broadcast it on an open forum.

Here's a few things to consider in the future before you post. Don't try to present yourself as something you are not. In your signature you claim to be an "ironworker for life". In many, many posts you claim to be a 30 year ironworker, etc, etc.

Please do not continue to insult other members intelligence. We can all read what you post and do our own math. In your "tale of woe" thread you stated you joined the ironworkers union when you were 18-19 yrs old. Due to a down economy/layoffs, etc. you left the union (cashed out your retirement account) when you were 38-39. I make that a max of 19-20 years in the union (not a lifetime as you so claim). For the next 20 or so years you worked a series of different odd jobs, to include shoe salesman. For all the members of this board know, you were a shoe salesman for longer than you were an ironworker. Any way you cut it, you haven't been "an ironworker for life".

On one hand you try to sell yourself as a "professional welder" and in the next breath ask questions which anyone who has welded for more than a couple weeks could answer. Things just don't add up. The more you post (and you post a lot) the more inconsistencies appear in what you type.

You started a "long" thread about how you couldn't make it as a welder and how bad things were economically. That thread, in itself, was very difficult to follow. You complained about how much you had spent on your business, however, looking at the equipment list you use, it seems more suited to a new hobbiest welder than a pro. It's pretty easy to see why you had difficulty getting the bigger/higher paying jobs. You didn't have the equipment/skills to do them. If you prefer doing the little niche jobs that don't pay much, then don't complain about not being able to make the "big bucks".

Bottom line. Be who you are, not someone you'd like people to think you are.
              Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200 DX
              Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
              Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
              Hobart HH187
              Dialarc 250 AC/DC
              Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
              Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
              PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
              Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
              Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
              More grinders than hands

Comment

Sundown;
                I new you couldn't resist !
                Yes, I started welding when I was in my teens & started my apprenticeship in my early 20's.
                Yes , I'm not in the union any longer, Does mean that I'm not an Iron worker anylonger....... No !

Comment

Why don't you guys just leave it alone? Totally not productive.
                  Nick
                  Miller 252 Mig
                  Miller Cricket XL
                  Millermatic 150 Mig
                  Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                  2-O/A outfits
                  Jet Lathe and Mill
                  Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                  DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                  Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                  20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                  Propane Forge
                  60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                  Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                  and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

I don't know how Canada works But round here If I was to claim to be or have been an Iron worker an they find out it's not true well lets just say a hard hat is not adequate protection from a spud wrench to the head.

Ideologically you may feel you are an Ironworker for life. But around here there are three types of people those that are in the Union, Those that WERE in the Union and those that want to be in the Union. And only one type can call themselves an Ironworker. It is a respect thing. I consider an Ironworker to be a card carrying Ironworker i.e. Local Ironworkers Union member card.

BTW My statement about your posts was not about something last may It was last week. And the post has since been deleted???? I wonder why???
                    Last edited by kcstott; 12-19-2009, 03:55 PM.
                    South bend lathe 10LX40
                    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                      I just dont take it that seriously, one of the great things about forums is that things get sorted out eventually. I have rushed to post 2 cents worth that were not always totally accurate especially if taken out of some context. Not always perfectly thought out and often being very general usually directed at the poster and not to every pro in the world. We need a bit of live and let live here especially if not inheriently dangerous and have a bit of fun. If we want boring and uptight we can go to electrician forums,,, hahahahahahahaha
                      I have my own ideas about who is usually full of crap but usually let others figure it out for themselves as long as its not giving advice about welding on a live fuel tank or things of that nature.
                      I agree but when it was stated that "I've never welded a test coupon" then in later posts give advice on a CWB test??? That's not leaving stuff out or just making a quick post that's a bold face lie.
                      South bend lathe 10LX40
                      www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Norm, the simple thing to do is post a copy of your certification if you have it and let the papers be your proof. I don't know if they give you a copy in your area of the world but it would certainly prove or disprove a lot of BS.

Wheelchair

Comment

So what’s the point to all this?
                          Are we having a “Tribal Council” here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivo...Tribal_Council
                          Caution!
                          These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

posting a cert ain't gonna help. If he has one why did he say he's never welded a test plate?
                            If he did show us a cert it would just make me think he was smoking crack or something.

And Jesus please tell me you don't watch that crap..... Please........
                            South bend lathe 10LX40
                            www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Sonora; Exactly, This has gone off the rails big time !!

Enough ! We all have a life to live , Lets get on with it !

Merry Christmas Everyone;

.......... Norm :

Comment

Originally posted by kcstott View Post
                                I don't know how Canada works But round here If I was to claim to be or have been an Iron worker an they find out it's not true well lets just say a hard hat is not adequate protection from a spud wrench to the head.

Ideologically you may feel you are an Ironworker for life. But around here there are three types of people those that are in the Union, Those that WERE in the Union and those that want to be in the Union. And only one type can call themselves an Ironworker. It is a respect thing. I consider an Ironworker to be a card carrying Ironworker i.e. Local Ironworkers Union member card.

BTW My statement about your posts was not about something last may It was last week. And the post has since been deleted???? I wonder why???

Well crap, ater all these years of thinking I was an Ironworker/welder i just found out Iam just a joe blow never knew you had to have card to be quailfied for somthing. Nothing against the unoin men or women have several friends that are. Thats what I like about this board learn somthing new everyday.Better call my son and let him know that raising gang he's running really aren't Ironworkers either.

Comment

Working...
                                X