X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kcstott
    replied
    Originally posted by UH60LCHIEF View Post
    Exile makes some sweet controls. Look ma no clutch!
    Yep a Very clean looking bike with a good dose of attitude

My bike when built (I'm going to build it out of a Big Bear Kit) will be a Jockey shift with a suicide clutch. No one but me will want to ride my bike.

Leave a comment:

• kcstott
    replied
    Originally posted by Diverdude View Post
    I agree, I think most any of us could order a bunch of prefab part and bolt it all together and zap a few pieces on, it was short lived but I was fascinated when Jessie James did his show, using an old English Wheel, hand building frame on a hand made jig, real fabrication stuff.
    That's exactly what i mean. I want to see REAL craftsman doing their work not an assembly line with custom paint
    Jesse james was Da Man till he kinda got to big for his britches Russ mitchell, Billy lane, Kevin Aslope are true craftsmen in my book. But even Russ didn't build his frames he just pieced stuff together in a very creative way.
    Last edited by kcstott; 12-11-2009, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diverdude
    replied
    Originally posted by kcstott View Post
    It was a good show back when it was in it first season BEFORE it became a reality show. Now it's just the same as any other reality show. It's a male soap opera. Mindless Garbage TV at it's best.
    BTW those idiots never where bike builders. They are bike assemblers Because for the few frames the Paul Jr built for two or three of the theme bikes All components were purchase parts.
    West coast choppers, Choppers Inc, Big Bear choppers, Excile Choppers All build their own frames, tin ware, Wheels and controls. The only purchase parts the use is the motor.
    I agree, I think most any of us could order a bunch of prefab part and bolt it all together and zap a few pieces on, it was short lived but I was fascinated when Jessie James did his show, using an old English Wheel, hand building frame on a hand made jig, real fabrication stuff.

Leave a comment:

• UH60LCHIEF
    replied
    Originally posted by kcstott View Post
    It was a good show back when it was in it first season BEFORE it became a reality show. Now it's just the same as any other reality show. It's a male soap opera. Mindless Garbage TV at it's best.
    BTW those idiots never where bike builders. They are bike assemblers Because for the few frames the Paul Jr built for two or three of the theme bikes All components were purchase parts.
    West coast choppers, Choppers Inc, Big Bear choppers, Excile Choppers All build their own frames, tin ware, Wheels and controls. The only purchase parts the use is the motor.
    Exile makes some sweet controls. Look ma no clutch!

Leave a comment:

• UH60LCHIEF
    replied
    I stopped watching after they all became a bunch of drama queens. The first season or two had some nice fabrication, but then after the show became popular it was all about big business and pretty lame IMHO. I think those dudes started reading their own press releases and headed down that dark road to douchbaggerey. It's too bad really, I enjoy the shows with some creative fabrication a lot.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I quit watching it too. Drove up there once to check it out...Bob

Leave a comment:

• kcstott
    replied
    Last edited by kcstott; 12-11-2009, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Wouldn't know, don't watch it, never have seen the show.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    I miss all the fighting....Maybe it's just me
    Have they built the Burger King Bike yet

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bigs
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodybagger View Post
    Ok, first, anything related to OCC is welding related. Not too far off topic.

So I saw that Paul Jr. is designing a dog park for the local government. I saw through all the weirdness of this and asked this question:

Don't you have to be a professional engineer or professional landscape architect to contract that kind of design work in the state of New York?
    Their is a lot of stuff going on in the background you don't see. I'm sure their is an engineer somewhere in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• fjk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodybagger View Post

So I saw that Paul Jr. is designing a dog park for the local government. I saw through all the weirdness of this and asked this question:

Don't you have to be a professional engineer or professional landscape architect to contract that kind of design work in the state of New York?
    don't know whether nys has any such requirements or not,
    but given what i've seen of occ, i'd bet that maybe
    someone leased his name to slap on the project
    and some of his time to appear on tv and tout it.

there's a subaru car called the "l.l. bean" edition.
    somehow i doubt that the good folks in freeport me
    designed the car... (and certainly, l.l. bean himself
    didn't ... he's dead :-)

frank

Leave a comment:

• nikodell
    replied
    I think in our time narcissism has become the most important skill set.Narcissist are the new Royalty, they are inherently better than the rest of us. I would think for a dog park you might want a landscape architectural team working with animal behaviorist, I could see these guys possibly proposing artistic fence and gate designs. I am guessing Jr is the front guy with a puppet signing off on the project, I have seen skilled artist do this.
    Last edited by nikodell; 12-11-2009, 06:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bodybagger
    started a topic Paul Jr designing a dog park?

Paul Jr designing a dog park?

Working...
X